1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hello, check this one out...

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by speedbucket, Oct 21, 2014.

1. speedbucket

speedbucket New Member

hello all, new to this forum but not to forums.
    i have what i think is an 87 hijet , lifted, with custom.....well....everything. Its powered by a mid mounted sideways 3 cylinder(999cc) from a geo metro, the trans axle is welded and tied into u joint drive-shafts and solid front/rear axles from a suzuki samurai sitting on 31x11.50 tires. 3 link front and leaf sprun rear with a locker in the rear and a custom dump bed. I utilized the 5 speed from the metro with some cable shifters. It maxes out around 35 mph due to the gear reduction of the 3:73 gears in the axles. The complete dash is gone other than the HVAC controls. so far I've spent a few hours with a multimeter and got the ,ignition, horn, lights, turn signals, and one speed on the blower working. i have 2 harnesses to the right of the column (LHdrive) that i have no clue what they tie in to. I have a marine 12 circuit distribution block (accepts 4 gauge with separate ground and hot buss bars) to tie back to the battery and start getting other things operational. Anyone have a color specific wiring schematic i can work off of? With the dist. block i bought i can easily snip the hot buss and separate circuits int 12v constant or ignition controlled. Thankful for any help i can get!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  2. muddy moose

muddy moose Member

Im not a lot of help with the wiring. .......... but....... ive been wanting to do strait axles on my carry for a long time. Cant wait to see how yours does when finished

3. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Sweet! Good Find! Sorry.... Im no help with the wiring either. You might be able to find something over at minitruckcentral.

4. speedbucket

speedbucket New Member

Thanks, is them mini truck central a more active forum?

5. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

They only had documents available but i see now that they require login. This is the only forum.