1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello and New to the forums from Vermont!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by SoupVT, Nov 2, 2020.

1. SoupVT

SoupVT New Member

Hello all! Very excited to officially be part of this great forum! I've used it in the past for a few bits of info, but am glad to be an official member and able to finally see all the photos :)

I've owned a few JDM vehicles in the past few years (most recently a Suzuki Jimny pano top I sold on bring a trailer a few years ago) and ended up picking up a 1994 Suzuki carry (DD51T 4x4, round headlamp 4 speed base of all base models) about a year ago. I've been more or less daily driving it, and it's been amazing how easy it is to work on! Added about 10,000k since purchase (mostly around Vermont roads through all weather and seasons), and looking forward to adding more!

I've been mostly taking care of preventive maintenance, (timing belt, ignition system, engine seals, battery, fluids, brakes, valve lash, new exhaust, etc.) some silly add ons (off road lights, phone mount, paint here and there, fabed a cover for the rear) and have hauled all sorts of stuff (wood, motorcyles, boats, bikes, trash, furniture, soil, etc.). Always impressed with the capabilities of these tiny mules :)

Still not sure if I'll do a two inch lift and get some bigger wheels (in the elusive 4 x 114.3 bolt pattern and correct offset) and tires for when the snow tires it came on wear out, or if I'll get a set of Yokohama super diggers or Toyo open country r/ts in the stock size. Possibly will finally replace the stock AM radio with a small head unit and single/dual speaker set up.

Anyways, thanks to everyone on here, and looking forward to chats and learning more. Feel free to ask me any questions you can think of too, and I'll do my best to find a good answer :)

Best wishes,

Soup

IMG_20200420_113903022.jpg IMG_20200124_174222680.jpg IMG_20200415_113852106.jpg IMG_20191223_002041_243.jpg IMG_20200415_165526911.jpg IMG_20200105_104600722_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. When you get a chance, add your vehicle information as the signature in your profile.