1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kenj, Apr 20, 2023.

1. Kenj

Kenj New Member

First of all, a big shout out to Kevin and all the members who have taken the time to share their information and efforts here.

I remember years ago, asking a guy filling up at a gas station next to me what the attraction of his tiny truck was and he proceeded to mention many benefits including using in his business as a landscaper.

I had toyed with the idea over the years of getting one to use on our acreage instead of the John Deere Gator we had and later a Kubota RTV 1100 C but could never find a good one.

This changed a few months ago when I saw a 2007 Mitsubishi Minicab 4x4 with hydraulic dump box advertised locally and the images looked outstanding.

The images were true, near new condition, only 44000 kms or 27340 miles. A quick drive and I bought it.

No more going down the field in a noisy open cab Deere in the snow or rain and the noise levels in the enclosed cab Kubota gave me a headache, never mind having to force the shifter into gear the same as the Deere. The little Minitruck has heat and a/c and I can drive down to the store for supplies in comfort and relative safety – the crumple zone in the event of a head on collision being myself.

Apart from being extremely capable, it is as cute as a button and attracts peeps wherever I take it.

Friends have said lift it and stuff larger tires as I have always done with all of my trucks but it has a set forward front axle which will not allow a larger diameter tire – in any case the stock M&S tires perform well in rain and snow and I think tiny trucks should have proportionate wheels/tires.

Look forward to checking out the forum

Chest Rockwell likes this.