1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heavy springs

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by julio, Sep 19, 2017.

1. julio

julio New Member

someone posted the jets springs work on a Suzuki carry , looking at them the springs don't look like they will fit

2. julio

julio New Member

Has anyone put these on n what did it take

3. rugerman

rugerman Member

Yes what model are u looing at. I replaced mine with a 250 spring and it fit perfect, a little stiff but fit great. Can't remember the part # though

4. julio

julio New Member

qa1, from jegs, I ordered the 300 lbs wondering if that will be to stiff. I am 240 myself.

5. rugerman

rugerman Member

I wouldn't go over 250. I have 250's and they are reeeeeal stiff. I weigh 220.

6. julio

julio New Member

do you have the jegs qa1 springs?

7. rugerman

rugerman Member

I purchased them from Jegs but do not remember the model #

8. Cole

Cole Member

I am running 300#. With two grown men and a box full of firewood. The higher the spring rate the better! Well for my application anyways.

9. rugerman

rugerman Member

Cole what type of tires are you running?

10. rugerman

rugerman Member

I guess the part that I get hung up on these truck's is that unless you have a good load in the back, with the older cab over design, you are basically bouncing down the road on the front tires. Kind of an odd feeling when you are off roading unless you even out the load with a load of wood etc.

Think of it this way, 2 men of the 225 weight class driving down the road. Excluding the drive train and frame weight canceling each other out from front to back. You are driving around with 700 pounds over the front axle and zero pounds over the rear. Just a bit different to get used to all around.

11. Cole

Cole Member

Ya they are a bit different for sure and everybody seems to have different uses for theirs. That's actually what I like about these trucks. They can be a stock everyday driver or with some mods be a very capable off road rig!!!

So far I only have the stock tires. I am in the middle of doing about a 4" lift and fitting Mattracks of the truck for winter. It's going to be my rig for ice fishing and getting firewood. However in the spring I am going to buy 26x8x14" AMS radial pro tires. They are DOT approved and 8 ply. I think there is about 1" of tread in a fairly aggressive pattern. For me the truck is a street legal toy to play around in. Not and everyday driver.