1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Heater Question

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by jimhammer1, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

I have a 97 Suzuki Carry. The heater is blowing, but not hot air (or even warm air for that matter). Any suggestions?

Jim

2. nick

nick Member

Jim,
    If it's like the 96 I had you have to choose floor or defrost or a mix of the two, you can't have it blowing out the dash vents at you on heat, just won't do it. Checked all my damper door linkages, all were on and working. Just not one of the choices I guess.
    Just what I've found, had that on two Suzi's now.
    Nick

3. Yardscape

Yardscape Member

Check your coolant levels. If it is low, then the hot water won't get to the heater core and won't blow hot.

Does it blow hot on any other setting?

4. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

Thanks Nick, that worked. Nice and cozy now. Funny it won't blow hot air from the dash. Oh well, it still nice and warm especially compared to my Quad.

Thanks Yardscape, I had checked the heater, coolant levels, switches, etc. All was ok. It was the fact that it only blows hot air on your feet or defrost.

5. nick

nick Member

NO Problem Jim,
    Glad it was that simple and not some difficult or expensive repair! I actually have to give credit to my son (my right hand man in the shop even though he's only 14) he was fiddling with the heat controls on a cold day when he was running it and figured it out. That was our 3rd Suz and all three had the same wierd control thing. Good to know here in WI. Was -21F at my house this morning. Didn't even try to work in the shop today! Watching our Packers right now:frustration:
    Nick

6. jeremysmithpt

jeremysmithpt New Member

i have a 91 suzuki that blows hotter air than i need but my problem is that when i have the selector on defrost the air only comes out of the drivers side half of the vent. nothing blows out of the passenger side half at all. not a problem if i am in it by myself but it fogs up very fast if there are 2 people in the cab? any suggestions on where i should start looking to fix this problem?

7. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

You should have bought a Daihatsu. They do blow hot air out of the top vents. :D

8. toyhog

toyhog Member

mine does the same thing. hope there is a fix for this.

9. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

Jeremy, check the ducting on that side of the defroster. It may be blocked. It could also be the flap that directs air could be nonfunction on that side. Take the glove box out and move the air selection to defrost and see if it is operating on that side.

10. nick

nick Member

Could it be possible that a little critter of some kind made a nest of some kind of fluff? Had that happen in my old snowplow truck that sits outside. Just a thought.
    Nick

11. superdutytrucks

superdutytrucks New Member

Mine blows air fine, but just only warm not enough to defrost good. Still have to ride with heavy clothes on and gloves. Any suggestions on how to fix this

12. jeremysmithpt

jeremysmithpt New Member

jimjammer. thanks for the suggestion on where to start trouble shooting my defroster problem. i got around to checking it out this weekend and had it working in about ten minutes. it turned out to be the ducting in behind the glovebox had worked its way loose. i put the hose back on where it belongs and have had no trouble with it all weekend. thanks for the help and suggestions as to what might be wrong

13. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

You're very welcome. Glad you found the problem and could fix it so quickly.
    Stay warm.
    Jimhammer