1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlights: Sealed beam to HID conversion

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by BigJoel, Apr 24, 2009.

1. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

2. leopard_pagan

leopard_pagan Member

not sure about the headlight units.... maybe 2nd hand from the same motor would definitely fit.

But if you want to fit HIDs.... :0)
    i fitted HID ballast kit to my motorcycle over a year ago. all they are is a normal H4 bulb type that slots in the same hole as your normal H4 bulbs do. all you do is re-home the new wiring. easy to wire in too.

if its just standard HID BULBS, not ballast kit.. fit the same way you do a normal H4 bulb.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2009
  3. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Yeah, i can handle the HID part. I have them in my 4 wheeler and my other two trucks. I just have to find something that will accept regular (HID) bulbs and not just sealed beam bulbs. I have a kit similar to the one i posted in my older model s-10. It originally came with sealed beams as well. I was just wondering if the lights in my Mini are in fact a 7x6. I can only get the sealed beam to regular bulb conversion kit for a 6x4 or 7x6 sealed beam bulb.. And i want the real ones, the ones with the ballast. haha
    Thanks for any info..

4. BigJoel

BigJoel Member

Well, almost two years later, i've finally got my HID's that i wanted. I used these conversion lenses http://shop.3bspecialties.com/Bada-Bling-Sealed-Headlight-Conversion-5x7-OPG-15-99103.htm and some xentec HID bulbs off ebay. $80 total investment. The lenses are much better quality than i thought the would be. The buckets are plastic, but the lenses themselves are glass. I doubt that i am 100% street legal, as the bulbs are not DOT, but we can get away with stuff like that down here. I'll post up some pics as soon as i can get a few.