1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headlight bulb 1996 Atrai s120V

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Btimothy4, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Btimothy4

Btimothy4 New Member

I have searched all over and can not figure out how to replace the headlight bulb on my Atrai? Anyone know how to get access to the back of the light?

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

Maybe like this? replacing-headlight-1996-hijet-van https://hijet.forumotion.com/t3564-replacing-headlight-1996-hijet-van
    Honda Acty truck like this, maybe similar
    Please add your car details as signature, easier for us to help you. See my signature as example. Go on this page top right, move with the mouse over your name>>new window profile page opens>>>click signature

3. Btimothy4

Btimothy4 New Member

That was a great help! I will do a mini write up on the process

4. Btimothy4

Btimothy4 New Member

Once I figured it out it was of course simple.
    Under the dash you will find 2 large orange "knobs", if you undo them this will release the panel that is located on the front of the van between the headlights

There is a nut (10mm) that you access from the door hinge (see image) that you will need to remove
    In addition there is a screw and a 10mm bolt that hold the entire light in place.
    After removing them, you can pull the assembly in place. It will feel "stuck" as there is a push in clip on the assembly, but a good tug will get it out.
    Unplug the wiring
    The bulb (H4) can then be replaced. I went with a LED that I got off amazon. light 3.jpg Light 4.jpg Light 1.jpg

AlonSeal and shogun like this.