1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Headgasket leak on E07A

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by JonP, Jan 8, 2020.

1. JonP

JonP Member

My 1994 Acty van was overheating, and then would go back to normal, which to me seemed like it was the headgasket. Waterpump and thermostat were replaced last year, so seems to be the only culprit.

I put in a new headgasket, and then when I went to start it, the coolant bleeder valve was pulsing coolant every 2 seconds. My mechanic buddy said something had to have gone wrong with the headgasket install. We took it apart again, and found a crack in the block where the coolant is around the pistons. The sleeve that the piston sits in is uncracked. It doesn't seem like it would cause a leak, but I don't know for sure. Any insights from the picture?

Also, we noticed the little oil return valve is sticking slightly past level on the head. When you take a level to it, there is a gap between the coolant passage and the middle piston. We also think that could be causing problems. But we can't figure out how to get it back to level. It won't budge at all.

Any insights?

Attached Files: