1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you used JapanCarDirect to import a 25 yr old truck to Texas?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Bobacuda, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Member

I am considering getting a 25 yr old Sambar, been lurking around here, and considering importing a truck myself (no USA/Texas dealer). The JCD website makes it sound like they do all the legwork and paperwork, and I pay them for the truck and their services. My next responsibility is to pick it up when it arrives at the port (give the port folks all my paperwork and take the truck home for routine maintenance and then get my TX title and plates. Just sounds too easy.

Putting any amount of money on the line without more experience bothers me. So, has anyone here used JCD to import a mini truck to Texas? Was it as "worry-free) as JCD makes it sound?

If so, and you don't mind responding, ballpark the cost of the truck at auction and the cost as you left the port in Texas. I am trying to determine if the costs and associated worries are worth importing one myself.

Thanks for your imput.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    2Tailfins and punimog like this.
  2. harley rose

harley rose Member

I have done Carries (myself) If you want a Texas Titled SUZUKI that you can test drive before you buy PM me....

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018