1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hassled by police in Idaho

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by IDminitrucker, Apr 28, 2017.

1. IDminitrucker

IDminitrucker New Member

I have a Suzuki Carry that I have driven on the public roads here in Idaho Falls. My understanding was that short trips, non highway driving was Ok as long as I had the triangle displayed for slow moving vehicles. DMV in our town told me that the laws on mini trucks aren't clear. They said it just depends on the officer whether to pull you over. No help. The Carry was previously used in a more rural town and driven all over. I have gotten pulled over a few times by officers that ask where the plate and registration is. I explain what I was told by DMV and they have ticketed me for a couple things, but never ticketed for no registration. They say that I cant drive it without registration, but don't know how I get it if DMV doesn't know.

I was hoping somebody knows more about mini trucks in Idaho. Any advise would be helpful.

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I bought mine from a guy here from SC and He had a title, I guess it is a bit of a hassle to get a title!

You could talk directly to the DMV and let them know it is done all over the country! And ask what is needed to apply for a title!
    I believe you may have to take it somewhere and have it inspected!
    Ask them if you were to build a car what would be steps to get it titled?
    Lets face it I plan on dismantling mine completely and rebuilding it from the ground up, I believe I will move the steering wheel over!
    So I could say I built the truck myself!
    I had originally wanted to make it a tilt cab! LOL

3. Think of trying to title is as a side by side.

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

That would not let you have plates and drive on the road!
    Some towns may let you by with a Triangle, but I go 100 miles one way one a day!

5. Will Von Wizlepig

Will Von Wizlepig New Member

100 miles! Man- I drove mine from Seattle to Portland- around 140 miles- and boy, I do not want to do that again. 5-speed or no, it's not a very pleasant ride at 60+ mph.

6. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Mine needs new foam for the seats!