1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gunracks

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by CompleteLawnCare, Oct 4, 2011.

1. I will be using my '92 Honda Acty for deer hunting, and I'm wondering if anyone has gunracks in their trucks. I know that mounting one where we used to mount them in pickup trucks is not practical since there is no space there (behind your head inside the cab)

Any ideas?

2. erixun

erixun Member

3. It looks like that is the only one of it's kind that is made.

All the suppliers are selling the same case and using the same photo in their catalogs. It looks like it would work for my needs, but, after reading the customer reviews, it's not waterproof as they claim it is.

4. erixun

erixun Member

The zippers have a rubber seal on them, and I treated the canvas with a spray water proof stuff for boat awnings, so I havent had any problems... but I do take it inside at night and open up all the zippers and pockets to let it "air dry" any moisture that might have found its way in after being out in the rain all day. (or put inside by me by putting a rain soaked or snowy rifle in the case :D) Probably because of/from the same reviews you read. Why chance letting a "$1500 rifle set up", sit in a wet case? It does work well, and holds the rifles good, and the extra pockets on the outside hold some extra items. And it beats trying to hold the rifle in the cab of the mini while driving. Do a search on here, there are some other threads that I remember reading on this issue, one fix was to mount a bar inside the cab and mount ATV rifle mounts to that.... :pop: whatever you do, keep us posted.

5. lwr2

lwr2 Member

I have the same one Erixun has. Works great just make sure you water proof it. Also have a Koplin Double Gun Boot setup that I need to build a bracket for. These will bolt to the bed rails.

LWR2

6. I haven't done anything yet, but, I'm leaning towards the case that hangs off the headache rack like you guys have.

I was thinking about mounting something on the fold down sides of the truck, but I wonder if that would get in the way of hauling stuff in the bed?