1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings - 90 Toyota LiteAce CM65

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by RMcG, Jan 9, 2021.

1. RMcG

RMcG New Member

Greetings from Vancouver, BC, Canada!

I have a rare beast. I am still learning how to use this site, it doesn't seem to like the photos I am attempting to upload. I will post a google album later.

What I have is a very hard to find model - usually these have pop-top tents instead of a slide-out. It is built on a
    '90 Toyota LiteAce CM65, called the Campmate. Here are the specs:
    Engine: 73hp/96ft-lb 2C (Diesel)
    Trans: 5 spd on-the-tree, 4WD Hi/Lo on floor (front hubs locking)
    Chassis: Truck RV Conversion
    Stock: steel body, fibreglass hull, separate shower and kitchen sink w/60L tank, 12V lighting, 12V fridge (no propane), couch that splits into a twin bunkbed and an extra large queen foldout bed, 6 ft slideout (2x 3 ft stages), folding table and seating for four.
    Modifications since landing: 100W solar panel w/50 ft lines, 30A solar charger, propane (1 lb bottle) hot-water-on-demand heater, 12V water pump w/50 ft hose, LED lighting w/remote, secondary battery bank (total 360A/hr), 110V inverter w/third battery bank (150A/hr lithium), FRAM air filters, and a whole lot of elbow grease.
    Future Plans: Restore everything to original condition (almost there, just need to replace awful green carpet on slideout).

I spent a few years looking for the right one; most are gutted or missing parts. This one is almost all original and was covered in some awful attempts at painting... It still needs a fresh coat of paint but I might just do a wrap.

Long story short, it has been difficult to find like-minded people in my area. I have joined a few facebook groups but found most of the members are overseas, only in the southern US, or located much farther than I can travel on a weekend...

I hope to find a tinkerer, someone not afraid of trying to modernize a vehicle without losing its character. Anyone in my area??

Here is a photo of one similar, my rig has different colour trim.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. emerald18

emerald18 New Member

Looking great! Welcome to the forum.

3. RMcG

RMcG New Member