1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Turismo 5

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by Stuff99, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

So i splurged last night and got this game. been waiting sine 2004!!! It took a half hour to install last night :( but i managed to get into the game, set up, buy my first car (honda civic RHD JDM) and get through a couple beginner races (10 second leads lol)

So anyone else getting or have gotten this game? there has been all kinds of neat cars in the gran turismo series. previous versions even had the Daihatsu midget II in it lol.

All 1031 cars in the game - http://www.gran-turismo.com/local/jp/data1/products/gt5/carlist_en.html

example of the RHD cars
    [​IMG]

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

been waiting for this for years can hardly wait till I grab it this weekend

3. Stuff99

cool. forgot to say my psn is Stuffage. So far i dumped 50k in to that honda civic and its owning everything! also when you win a car and you go to the truck to get it, it asks "do you want to use this now" PICK YES!! if you pick no the car goes bye bye!!

4. fupabox

My best strategy on the last version was to get the cheapo Miata and tune the crap out of it..easy to drive and modify..till you get enough for a Skyline then Sayonara competition:D

5. Stuff99

lol yup that was me to. A miata would be good there is a lightweight and the roadster competition. I won a '52 buick special today. wow does it haul for stock! Finally got that super charger in the 63 vette. did the classic car and muscle car challenge to. after this car is done with i think im gonna look for the AE86 :D

6. fupabox

always wondered why the ae86 was so expensive on the last version of the game....the viper was great modded for oval and drag wins for cash

7. Stuff99

dont think there is drag racing in this one. There is kart racing lol. its all about driving there. and there is the TOP GEAR TEST TRACK!! i made it to the second level of it and they give you lotus elise cars and well they handle like they drive on ice! and if you get more then 2 tires off the road or you bump too hard its a fail..

oh and there is nascar and all the super speedways i think.