1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got my Sambar

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Timetripper, May 8, 2008.

1. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I went to the dock to pick up my truck today and everything went really fine all morning
    - cleared through Customs ok and then drove out to WWL [terminal] and did their paperwork ok.

Then I got two suprises when I got to the Sambar - one good/ one bad.

I found it has factory diff lock on it that the dealer did not tell me about - good news! but when I went to start it it turned over very slow.

No problem as I came prepared with a booster box to jump start if neccessary. I hooked it up and it turned over faster but would not fire at all. and yes I added gas to it.

I was starting to use up all the juice in the booster box and the security guard asked if I wanted to borrow his jumper cables, so I hooked them up to my sister's VW Golf

and had lots of cranking power but it still would'nt fire. Being away from home with no tools and short of time to remove Sambar before terminal shut down for the night

I had it towed to a local auto repair place who will take a look at it tommorow and see if it is something simple like burnt out fuse to ECU or ?

One of the site sponsers [Japanoid] is not that far away so that will be my next step if no joy in getting it going tomorrow.:(

2. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Congratulation!

Congratulations on your new addition! Hope it's simple fix.
    And last but not least, welcome to the Subaru "family".

tmikewww
    (tom)

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Good luck. I know you've been anxiously awaiting it! :)

4. Subaru

Subaru Member

Lucky,and unlucky you.Handfull of fuses should fix her up hopefully.
    I need pics please.
    Glad the customs went good-keep us posted...

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Update

According to the shop that I got the Sambar at the electric fuel pump has gone for a loop. Lucky for me Japanoid had a used one [225.00] that I was able to pick up, unlucky for me by the time I got back to the otherside of town during rush hour it was too late to get it fixed today [friday] and the shop doesn't work on the weekends :(. So it will be Monday before I get on the road to home, good thing I have a understanding sister who has been my taxi for the last few days.

6. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Got it back last night and I made the trek home, I almost feel guilty saying this [since our neighbours down south can't do this] but this thing is a blast to drive on the freeway.
    Our legal speed limit is 110kmph in places and I had no trouble doing that and more. Overall first driving impressions -Wow. I'm hooked.:D

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Sambar Lust

I'm jealous!!! :p:p :D

8. Colin

Colin Member

Yeah, I'm jealous... but not nearly as jealous as I was a few months ago. Spring has sprung and now I'm driving the Merkur. Nothing like watching the needle swing past 130 MPH in fourth gear and still pulling hard... :D

Anyway, congrats on the buy. :)

Colin