1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

got a fuel pump question

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by eric's lefty, Mar 16, 2008.

1. eric's lefty

eric's lefty New Member

hey was wonderin if anybody could tell me were the fuel pump fuse might be on my lhd mitsu i can cross i wire over from the hot side of the fuel pump over to rhe batt and it will work so i think its just a fuse bad

2. Dan

Dan Member

I don't think its fused directly . it draws power from the governor relay and maybe the ignitor. look inside the cover for the fuse block and see if the fuse map is still there. if its not listed then, its protected by a fuse-link. I'm away from home today, but i'll confirm when i get back to the manuals.

3. Dan

Dan Member

the fuel pump is powered through #6 (15a) fuse in the fuse block under the left side of your dash.

4. Dan

Dan Member

I was reading schematics for some other reasons tonight and i thought about your problem again.

The fuel pump does not pump until you turn the key to the starter position and won't continue to run until the truck is running. check it with a test light or multimeter that will verify that for you.

5. canoebuildah

canoebuildah Member

I recently had trouble with my RHD Minicab's fuel pump. The pump died and even after replacement, I couldn't get the truck to start. My local dealer worked on it and contacted the guys over at G&R Imports http://grimports.com/. It turns out there is a wire that feeds from the fuel pump to the coil and that had shorted out. We installed a jumper wire and it works fine now. You might try giving them a call and see if you are having similar trouble. They were very helpful.

6. sandycreekboers

sandycreekboers New Member

would this go for a 97' also?