1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good spare but no jack or lug wrench

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by trktrd, Apr 17, 2021.

1. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

My Acty came with a good spare but no jack or lug wrench. Anyone know what type of jack came oem and where it was stowed?

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

on my 1997 Acty truck the jack is under the passenger seat, in a blue plastic bag with the lug wrench, screwdriver etc and held by a rubber clip, next to the wiper wash water container. Scissor type. Should also be shown in the owners handbook if you have that in the glovebox.
    Jack Points: The manual says you can jack the truck from the front and rear axle beams. There are also two metal protrusion jack points at the extreme front corners. The rear leaf suspension forward mounts (just forward of the rear wheels) are also approved jack points.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Look for it in a bracket under the seats. There aren’t a lot of places they can hide it.

4. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

Didn’t get one with the truck. Was just curious about it. Had the spare out a while back to replace it with a better one and thought maybe the jack and such would have been stowed on top of the spare tire somehow. Seems to be enough room there for a jack and wrench kit. Think I’ll see if I can rig up a weather proof thingy with small jack and wrench and see if it would fit up there. Little enough space in the cab as it is.

Adam C Spry likes this.
  5. shogun

shogun Active Member

original in my Acty truck HA3 it is -as I said- under the passenger seat, under driver seat there is no space on the Acty, as there are parts of the aircon installed and the aircon filter. That is the complete tool kit which was originally supplied https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-ca.../UPHOLSTERY/TOOLS-JACK/1767906/B__4400/5/7799

On my new Daihatsu Hijet the jack jack is as per user manual originally located inside passenger side glovebox, and that was the first thing I moved to behind the passenger seat.