1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good Day! - New owner of 2006 Suzuki Carry (DA63T) EFI

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by GreenMachine11, Oct 15, 2020.

1. GreenMachine11

GreenMachine11 New Member

Hello to all... Newbie here and new owner of 2006 Suzuki Carry (DA63T) EFI with 80k(km). I found this forum while researching and looking for an oxygen sensor part number for replacement. You might be asking why? Well, I bought the truck with known starting problems. The truck does not like to start when cold and sometimes takes multiple attempts with 3-5 minute breaks between trying to start. It is definitely dumping a large amount of fuel at start. I noticed this by the wet blackened spark plugs. You can also smell the fuel through the exhaust. Once it finally starts, it runs perfect. It will even start right back up after shutting it down, as long as you don't leave it long enough to cool down. I have done the following repairs so far: new plugs, new injectors, new air filter, oil change and now down to the O2 Sensor. I am simply trying to run through the process of elimination. I am thinking that a bad O2 sensor may be causing the engine to try and start rich, which in turn is causing my flooding issue? I have pulled the O2 sensor and attempted to start the truck to see if I could notice any difference. There was none. The only difference, is that once running, I now had a CEL. I cleaned the O2 sensor in my ultrasonic cleaner and then replaced it in the exhaust. The cleaning either did nothing or destroyed the sensor. So, I need to replace it to make sure. My problem is finding a part number. The only markings on the O2 Sensor are NTK 7E23. This is obviously not a part number and more than likely it is the OEM sensor. I'm guess it is a date code. Would anyone be able to help me out with the actual NTK part number? Much thanks and happy to be a part of the community. Will add some pics of MeanGreen soon!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Welcome Green!
    I see your from Ohio also, I'm near Cleveland, there's a few on here from Ohio, occasionally. Well, congrats on your vehicle, I can't wait to see pic's! Go to your profile, and click on signature, and put your vehicle info in, it will help you get answers, your looking for, as it helps others understand what you've got! With that being said, your not the first to have starting problems, or your vehicle dumping excess fuel into the system! I like the fact that you have an EFI unit! My first thoughts are how old are the injectors? Usually, but not always, bad injectors will cause hard starting issues, but not excess fuel! Again, not always!!! Keep us posted! Good Luck!
    Limestone

3. GreenMachine11

Thanks Limestone! I have updated my signature as advised. As you mentioned, the injectors were one of the first things I tried. I thought maybe one or more were hung open. I sent them to injectorrepair.com and had them bench tested before and after being rebuilt. They were showing their age after 80,000 km, but not hung open.

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

I’ve seen in other EFI motors that when the EFI temp sensor goes bad and makes the computer dump a ton of fuel because it will think it’s like -50f .
    The O2 sensors don’t really seem to start playing with the a/f mixture till it’s run a bit

Limestone likes this.
  5. GreenMachine11

That definitely sounds like my next step, after I find a replacement for my O2 sensor. I suppose I will need to track down a PN for the Temp Sensor too. LOL.

6. GreenMachine11

I did a little more digging in my manuals and found this diagram. Looks like there a few sensors that could all have some input on the fuel delivery system.

upload_2020-10-16_14-17-0.png

Limestone likes this.
  7. GreenMachine11

I have found a replacement O2 sensor at Yokohama Motors for $98 before tax & shipping. Has anyone on here ever purchased from Yokohama Motors?

8. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

I just bought a factory rebuilt Subaru motor from them a few months ago , they were the only shipping parts to the US at the time . They are quick to ship but the prices are a little higher then other suppliers

9. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I have , several years ago, and as I recall it was a real smooth deal with good people but as expected the shipping was high.

10. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Bought a coolant tank with them, pretty happy with the service.