1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glacier Natonal Park KOA camp grounds

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Spottings' started by TRAX and HORNS, Jul 18, 2011.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

We just got back from Glacier National Park In St Mary's, Mt. The KOA camp just recently bought this Suz DD51T. I talked to the owner of the KOA and he said he is going to replace the other utility vehicles with mini trucks as well. He indicated this Suz. fits his bill to a tee. He was very pleased with the info. I had about them as he didnt know much about them as far as operating and maint.
    Needless to say he was excited about the truck so far.
    If anyone hasnt been to Glacier NP its something to be put on your
    To Do List. They had just open the Road To The Sun two days before we got there. Absolutely beats Colorado hands down. Temp. was in the 40's at night mid 70's during the day. Up in the mountains its almost tropical. Green vegetation every step. Went white water rafting on some 3's and had a blast.
    They were still snow skiing on the top. Yes, mid July and still skiing. For a Texas boy this was crazy.
    Pretty cool place. "I will be Back".

Attached Files:

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

very cool!!

3. erixun

erixun Member

Looks like fun! We are going to West Yellowstone in a few days, not quite going that far north, have other travel/vacation plans in Yellowstone N.P.

But I think a trip to Glacier should be in store...

4. TRAX and HORNS

Thats where we stayed the first three days, West Yeowstone KOA camp grounds. Nice/clean camp grounds and just about 5 miles west of town. Go north of West Yellowstone and look up "Motana White Water" and take a trip down the river. All the rivers are running full bank and fast. The raft trip we took was great. I think it was about 45 min. north.
    Yellowstone National Park was great. Pretty interesting saw a lot of Elk, one bear, a gray wolf that ran a long the side of us for about 100 yrds. Buffalo's and two red fox.
    Kept looking for the big horn sheep but never saw one. We did see a few white mountain goats way up on the tops.

5. Scooter

Scooter Member

I live in between Yellowstone Park and Glacier, In Helena. I still get to both at least once a year. I once lived In Big Sky Mt. Probly about where you guys put in on the Gallatin River. I've spent a lot of time in the Mad mile. Next time bring your mini. All roads are legal in Montana, lol.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  6. TRAX and HORNS

Not only will I bring a mini truck I'll bring my own kayak's and a bass boat. It killed me not to be able to wet a line. I saw a lot of guys catching trout in the rivers.
    It would be cool to run around some of the lakes up there. I can only imagine what you would see on the river/lake banks at sun up and sun down.
    The raft trip we took was on the Gallatin river. We used Montana White Water Rafting.
    Great bunch of folks.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  7. erixun

erixun Member

I am bringing my mini!!! And my fishing rods.... I cant wait! When I get back I will post some pics.