1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gets hot and stalls Mitsubishi U-42V

Discussion in 'Performance' started by mitsu98, Oct 8, 2017.

1. mitsu98

mitsu98 New Member

Hey all, hope your having a good
    Evening. I have a 98 Mitsubishi U-42V with a 3G83 with a carburetor. Did run good till yesterday. When it gets hot it stalls. So I replaced fuel pump , filter and hose . Checked flow , so I know that is good.well tonight it did the same thing . But when it cools off for 15 mins fires right back up . I'm thinking the coil is the problem. Does he 98 have ignitors? Or just a coil . Only looks like a motorcycle size coil. What's the best fix ? Could I use an automotive coil ? Thanks

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Bad coil will do that. About all you can do to verify is to check for spark immediately after it stalls out.

Fred

3. mitsu98

mitsu98 New Member

Ok thanks , I thought that is where I needed to go . But now I have a new problem. I changed the ignition module in the dist. Now it will not start . And before I changed it it started right up. Anyone know what the gap should be set at for the pickup? I tried .30 and tried to start . But now nothing.

4. mitsu98

mitsu98 New Member

Today I installed a new ignition coil , new ignition module and pick up. Started right up ran for about 5 mins and quite. Starting to look at the fuel side .

5. ttc

ttc Active Member

Check the strainer in the tank if the fuel filter is good. My hijet tank had a lot of fine silt in the tank that would clog up the strainer then the truck would starve fr fuel.