1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gears, deck van Daihatsu

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by fsttlkr, Oct 3, 2009.

1. fsttlkr

fsttlkr New Member

I have a 2001 Daihatsu Deck Van, 4" lift, 24" tires. No power. any suggestion on gears and where to get some.

thank you.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

24" tires =no power...thats the only solution

3. fsttlkr

fsttlkr New Member

do you mean i can't change gears to get some power? I want to put a set of tracks on it for winter.............

thanks

4. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I haven't seen any aftermarket gear swaps although there may be 1 out there.You do mean diff. gears right? Track kits by nature of their design basically have gear reduction built in (the small drive sprocket turning the large diameter track)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  5. fsttlkr

fsttlkr New Member

yes, i thought that would be the only way to leave the tires and lift. the mechanic says if i find them, he can put them in . I just thought someone maybe had the same problem and just took gears from a truck and used them instead.

thanks

6. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

swap in a H/L transfer case. Its your best bet.

7. fsttlkr

fsttlkr New Member

Are you talking about a swap of transfer cases, I should be able to find a hi/lo that would bolt in?

thank you

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

I don't see why not... But you will probably have to buy the entire transmission and transfer case ( Its my understanding they are sold this way ). You will need to find a way to mount a cable actuator lever.

9. good luck on gears, if u find some let us all know... id like to drop some in my hijet.

from my understanding these things get alot of attention in their home country so if u can find someone that reads and speak the language and convince them to spend some hours on the net looking for parts you might get lucky.

10. LFD270Ben

LFD270Ben New Member

Did you ever find a solution to this? I need lower gears too. Does anyone know of a Hi/low transfer case that will bolt to the rear of the deckvan 5 speed manual transmission? or a part number for a 5 speed trans and transfercase that bolts to the EF-SE engine?

11. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Ben, the last post on this thread was 11 years ago. The last person to post in it hasn’t been around since 2017.

There are different ratios available for the rear differentials, and the five speed from a 4wd might fit, if there is enough room. but, I would expect it to. And, they do show up occasionally.

12. LFD270Ben

LFD270Ben New Member

Thanks, Sorry didn't notice the dates. My deck van is 4wd already but it is only single speed. I doubt Daihatsu made a bunch of different 5 speeds between the hijet and deck van. Any chance you know somewhere to source a Daihatsu hi/lo transfer case in the USA?

13. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

So far as I know the transfer case and transmission are integrated. So your looking for the transmission.