1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gearbox Oil Bolt

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Josh8178, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Josh8178

Josh8178 New Member

I have a 1986 Honda Acty Truck 5spd.
    I was doing some servicing on it and wanted to change the gearbox oil. I managed to drain it from the drain bolt underneath.

However problems arose when I wanted to re-fill the box. The fill plug was stuck fast, I tried a mechanic down the road and he couldn't shift it. However there is a Hex head bolt right next to it. He managed to remove that and fill the box up with oil although I was dubious it might be something important and shouldn't be removed? but i stupidly agreed to let him remove it. No springs or anything came out with it. On the Lings Honda diagram it shows it as a Interlock bolt.
    However the gearbox seems to make a slight whine in 5th since the change. I think it might be incorrect oil after reading and it needs some Honda MTF which I have ordered.

Just wanted to know if anything could of dropped off inside the gearbox to cause any problems, the truck seems to shift fine. But without a service manual it worries me it might have caused some damage and I might need to strip it in the future.

Thanks guys. Josh.

2. shogun

shogun Active Member