1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI S110P Rough Idle / Burning Rich

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by TRAX and HORNS, Apr 12, 2013.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

In the last couple of months we have had two S110P's that when started up with a cold motor they had a rough idle and a little black smoke. On the first trk. I checked all the basic things first and nothing helped(good fuel, fuel filter, clean contacts inside dist. cap,sea foam, air filter, cleaned plugs, ect. Truck ran fine once it got over 1200rpm + -. but still had that little rough idle. This was about to drive me nuts after two days of jacking with it. Then finally I found the problem and it will be the next thing I check on the next one. In the picture you will see the two clean black vacuum lines that were replaced. The old ones had cracks in them creating a vacuum leak. WOW, what a simple fix. Then about two months later another s110p with the same idle thing and thats the first thing I checked. Sure enough the one with the green vacuum reducer( or what ever its called)
    line was cracked creating a vacuum leak.
    I wish I could get over for thinking the worst and think about the simple things first. In the long run I guess it builds character.

Attached Files:

2. the pou

the pou Member

I had the exact same problem with my 93 carry,it was indeed a slow leek on the chooke cut-of vacuum line.
    When the ingine starts, it is suppose to open the chooke against the thermo element,witch continue to fully
    Open the chooke when the coolant gets hot(after a cuple of minutes)
    When the chooke cut-off vacuum dont work, you have a black smooke, and a rughf idle until the coolant gets warm
    And finaly open the chooke gate fully.

3. BamaJack

BamaJack New Member

Trax and Hornes,
    I have spent hours and tons of money with mechanics trying to get my 94 hijet S110P carb running. I am sure after reading your post that vacuum is the problem. My question is how do I determine which vac lines goes where??? Zero schematics out there. Can you possibly send me some good pics...please!
    Thx,
    Jack
    Alabama