1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI Left Hand Drive Daihatsu Parts

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by TRAX and HORNS, Jul 13, 2012.

1. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Wow, Not sure where to start.
    I was needing a part for a S110P and in the meantime while calling around I refreshed my memory.
    NAGATA TECHNOLOGY still obtains parts while they last for the left hand drive Daihatsu's out of Japan. However they do have some part inventory here the the states. If they have to get the part from Japan it takes about four weeks. The down side is that you have to order the left hand drive truck part though one of their dealers here in the states such as Jones Equipment in Ft. Worth,Tx. These parts will effect the left hand drive trucks only, S80's, S81's. Dont call Nagata TECH. they will not sell you the part. You have to go though one of their dealers.
    For those that own a left hand drive Leon Barnett at
    www.daihatsu-help.com can still give you technical support in trouble shooting problems as well give you a dealer part location for parts hopefully near you.
    This info. was recently obtained and seems to be good.
    Leon Barnett was left here in the states for tech. support when Daihatsu left the USA market. There are still a lot of left hand drive trucks being used at military bases, national forest services ect. around the country. Thats why Leon is still here. Ive seen some still being used at Ft. Sam Houston and Lackland Air Force Base in the last couple of yrs..
    At some point and time Daihatsu will pull the plug on Leon Barnett.
    Couple times of the year I see the left hand drives come up at GOV. Auctions around the country. Most of them are rode hard and put up wet but still there are a few that are in good shape.
    The pictures are two left hand drive USA marketed trucks that were complements of the USA Gov. Both had the 550cc engine and low miles. The dump truck was sitting in a warehouse at Ft. Mason in San Francisco and the other came from Yosemite National Forest. Neither one needed much to get them up and running. Both were in good shape.
    Anyway hope this info. helps someone.
    Cheers,
    Terry Bearden
    dba TB Tractors/Trax and Horns Mini Trks.
    Austin,Tx
    512-217-7456

Attached Files:

• 218.jpg
      218.jpg
      File size:
      54.1 KB
      Views:
    • 409.jpg
      409.jpg
      File size:
      61.3 KB