1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI/Air Filters

Discussion in 'Parts Sales' started by tmikewww, Apr 10, 2008.

1. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Just a little info. for those interested.

Chad Hite, air filter for Subaru=$17.00
    G&R, air filter for Subaru=$30.00

pays to shop......................
    tmikewww
    (tom);)

2. BLES

BLES Member

Now check your local parts store. Chevy Berreta if i recall correctly.
    BLES

3. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

give us a call when you need the engine to be replaced after you air filter doesn't match perfectly. we have 2 trucks that we are replacing engines in right now from people who thought they could match the air filter here...Our air filters are from Japan and are original parts. I can get you a $17.00 air filter also but I won't sell it because I know that it is not a correct match. But yeah i agree with BLES go to NAPA they can beat Chad's price also, but be careful is all I am saying.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
    greg0187 likes this.
  4. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Goodness! Does Mr. Hite sell inferior parts?! Can you not trust anyone anymore??? What's a person to do? Seems there been a lot of discussion on here as to what part #'s interchange with other part #'s and have only heard of one person looking for an engine, but that was I believe to be from a major oil leak the went "bonkers"

5. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

not saying that at all...I know Mr. Hite done business with him when he was starting out...great guy. I know what we have found doesn't match with air filters, we have found several other parts that do cross. Maybe he has found a match, I would think that it can be done. I also know that there are more than a few people out there looking for engines, not all of them are on this website. I just thought while you are making it sound like we just charge way too much. I would clairfy that we sell an original part from Japan that is made for the exact truck your buying and not something that was fabricated here. I just feel that before you post a price comparision you should make sure that you are comparing the same part. Again I am in no way saying that Chad has bad parts I am only sharing what I have seen come through my shop that we have fixed. I hate to hear stories about people that cut a corner only to have it bite them in the long run.

6. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

Chad sent me a picture of the package, OEM AV83 for KS3 and KS4 manufactured by "Nippon mfg". He says he will not sell any parts that are not OEM. I think that this is a fair comparison

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  7. chadhite

chadhite Member

Air Filter

G and R are good People with good Service. I send all request to them for parts I don't have.

As for OEM parts all my numbers and referances come from manufactures, NOT from me crossing numbers at an auto parts store:

Sumitomo Brake Pads
    Aisin Clutches
    Exedy Clutches
    GMB Water Pumps
    Nippon Air Filters

All manufactures are well established and trusted in the market.

The only part that I can think of that I have sold not as an OEM part is a front brake pad for a S83P Daihatsu. A Mitsubishi Montero rear brake pad is the same size but the pad it self is about 3/32" thicker.

8. jpbunch

jpbunch New Member

Air filters

I do think it is important to stress to people the damage that will occur if you use a air filter that does not fit properly.

9. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

There, I hope everyone has kissed and made up. One comment, G&R, you could have used different wording in your first response to my post. Something like,"make sure it's an OEM part and not a crossed reference number for something that will not work. Reason being, you could be doing serious damage to your engine. If that's the case, we have engines in stock and would be glad to be of any help that we can." Now children, doesn't that sound better? EOD
    tmikewww
    (tom)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  10. dmwurtz

dmwurtz New Member

GR.mike
    What is the price for the engine on a Suzuki Carry 1996, mine is using oil and smoking blue
    It never used oil or blue smoke when I got it with the original air filter, but the guy I bought some parts from told me to go to NAPA and get the filter he used
    Guess what, the engine is now using oil, the oil gets dirty, and I think I'll have to replace engine
    So from now on I'll always use OEM Filters
    The Guy that referred me to NAPA is actually now using the imports too
    And Yes guys the filter was nice and snug in there, I have the 3rd one in there and each one I took out had dust on the Inside, so the NAPA are not an absolute fit, especially on a dusty Farm
    Dave

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  11. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

FYI: Air Filter from Chad Hite.
    Ordered OEM air filter from Chad, Friday afternoon April 11th.
    Filter arrived Monday morning April 14th.
    Thanks for the GREAT SERVICE Chad!!
    tmikewww
    (tom)

12. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

dmwurtz...sorry to hear that. Send me a private message and I will get your info and give you a call to see if maybe we can keep you from buying a whole engine. Or you can call our parts department at 573-204-7984, they should be able to get you all the info you need.

13. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

To Chad, sorry for all the drama glad to hear that your parts are doing well. I have heard stories about where your parts have come from, but they are stories apparently. Good luck buddy, I hope business stays successful for you!