1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fuse panel in english...

Discussion in 'References' started by unclejemima, Sep 13, 2007.

1. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Does anyone have a fuse panel translated from Japanese into English?
    I was trying to hookup to the fuse panel, but have NO clue what the Japanese gibberish translates into.
    Example...Lights, radio, defrost, ext...
    Has anyone done a translation? I have a 1991 Honda Acty, but I'm assuming most fuse panels are similar, especially the context.
    Thanks!
    -mark

2. Titan Mini Trucks

Titan Mini Trucks New Member

Use a test light and try different fuses and wires with the ignition switch on and off and accessory to find a circuit you are looking for.

Just my .02 worth.

Jeff.

3. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Yea, thats probably what I'm going to end up doing, just being lazy ;)
    -mark

4. Colin

Colin Member

I just probe the back of each fuse with a DVOM for continuity when a circuit fails, then label the cover accordingly with a label printer thing. So far I've figured out that the 10A in the middle is for my taillights/cluster lights. :)

5. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

good idea! That way you only have to find out what it does once!
    -mark

6. Colin

Colin Member

I took the dash out before I figured out what was wrong. D'oh! I SWEAR I checked all the fuses beforehand, but I guess I missed (at least) one.

Oh well, I found a Japanese coin behind the cluster. That was pretty snazzy.

Colin

7. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Well, at least you got something out of it;)
    -mark

8. Colin

Colin Member

Yeah. I twisted off one of the four bolts holding up the steering column, too. It didn't take much... felt like a grade 5 bolt. I've gotta go back in and drill/extract that, then replace it. I think I'll be pulling the dash to install a remote start unit, anyway. :)

Colin

9. d rock

d rock Member

i think i will add "take a photo of the fuse box and email it to a japanese friend for translation" to my lists of things to do today. maybe the writing on the sun visor too.

10. Colin

Colin Member

The visor probably says something to the effect of "Wear your seatbelt. This vehicle conforms to all applicable safety standards for the 19__ model year, blah, blah, blah." Something to keep the lawyers happy.

Colin

11. d rock

d rock Member

or maybe something along the lines of "in case of crash say good bye to your legs" :(

12. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

But remember, the Japanese people are a bit shorter than most of us. They have more wiggle room than we do! I feel like my knees are up in my face when I am driving and I am only 5'10"!

13. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I was involved in a collision back in the mid 90's with a then brand new mid 90's model Jeep Grand Cherokee. I was driving a mitsubishi panel van, set up exactly like these mini trucks. The driver of the Jeep, turned left directly in front of me, as I was entering the intersection. She hit me directly on the driver's side front corner of the van. I walked away with little more than a bump on the head, from hitting the door frame.

While I definitely wouldn't want to be involved in a similar collision with a minitruck, I don't think they are quite the coffin on wheels that some people think.

14. Don-in-Japan

Don-in-Japan Member

if u want to send a pic of the panel, I'll translate..

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  15. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

I might just take you up on that...
    -mark