1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full-Time 4 Wheel Drive

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by AnthonyMoth, Apr 13, 2008.

1. AnthonyMoth

AnthonyMoth New Member

Theres a nice Acty for sale in my area, but I am unceartain of this full-time 4 wheel drive. I've been searching everywhere but can't seem to find much info on their off road capabilitys. Just wondering if I can get some owners to shed the light on how this sytem works and how it performs in the field?

2. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Actually, we were concerned as well.

In actual use, the Acty was as capable as the suzuki's we were running at the time. We were also concerned of a possible fuel economy hit from the full time 4WD. It doesnt seem to be much of an issue.

It was very impressive and went everywhere the Suzukis went and even some places they wouldnt. We were all running street tires, and the Honda just happened to have the most tread. So its not like he was running ATV tires or anything....

Being in Canada, a word of warning though:

The Honda Acty composite headlights are not legal for street use in our country. Many inspection stations do not realize this. If the truck has the original headlight assemblies for headlights, the truck is not legal for street use and you risk the chance of being pulled over, and in an extreme case, possibly have it impounded.

Some people mod a sealed beam setup into the factory hole or disconnect the OEM lights and add legal auxillary headlights such as a set of plow lights.

Circumventing the regulations or simple ignorance of them creates problems for this industry in Canada and is no good for anyone.

Please make sure you follow the rules if you purchase an Acty. (This actually applies to any composite headlight vehicle from Japan. Skylines, Surfs, etc none of them have legal headlights) This is why you primarily see round headlights (Suzukis, Subies, Mits) and Daihatsu's (Rectangular sealed beams)