1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Meesho, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Meesho

Meesho Member

What are the 3 wires for? Is there an aftermarket pump available with 3 wires? If not what do I do with the extra wire as most aftermarket pumps only have 2? How many GPH do I need? Thanks!

2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

I recently tried a 2 wire 3 gph aftermarket pump and it loaded up the cylinders big time. I scratched around and found a Suz 3 wire that plug right in and worked perfect.
    On the 3 wire pump as I understand it, pumps up in the on position then stops when psi increases in the fuel system. When key is turned to the start position and engine starts the pump sits there and bumps about every second or two. Really low volume.
    Steve at Mich. Mini Trucks suggested a aftermarket pump that he has used before but I went with the Suz. pump.

3. Meesho

Meesho Member

Do you know what vehicle the suzuki pump came from??

4. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

DD51T Suz. Dont know what year. As long as it is 3 wire shouldnt matter.

5. Meesho

Meesho Member

If I am going to get one from another mini truck, I might as well order the proper one for a mitsubishi.

Looking for something that is more widely available in the north american market that I can just pick up at napa or the wrecker.

6. 3banger

3banger Member

I'll assume your ride is carbed and say Napa has one that worked for me. It only had 2 wires though. It was 6psi and their lowest GPH available.

Put a meter on those wires and see what they do when you play with the ignition. Also look through the manuals found in this forum for diagrams.

Minitrucksupply's site has a diagram too I think.

7. Meesho

Meesho Member

Napa part number? Link to website with diagram? Thanks for the help!

8. 3banger

3banger Member

Minicab Fuel Pump from Napa

E8011?

That's what the receipt says anyway. I know that the first one they gave me was 6v! That pissed me off.

E8011 is a Canadian number. I'm not sure if that'll make any sense to the dudes in the States.

*edit - that's the 6v :(

Sorry about the useless reply.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  9. Meesho

Meesho Member

I was just going to say... that yes thats the 6V part number!

10. dowhat

dowhat Member

11. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

We have a Mitsu fuel pump for $120.00. We have had no luck with anything in the States so far.

12. Meesho

Meesho Member

Hello, is that new or used?

13. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

NEW! Fuel Pump

Sorry I was wrong on the price it is $125.00

14. Meesho

Meesho Member

Looks like a 2 wire pump??? Can get that at Napa. Looking for something easy.

15. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

Not sure about the NAPA fuel pumps all of them that I have tried have not functioned correctly. This is pretty easy to convert to the Mitsubishi.