1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Pump

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Xman, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Xman

Xman New Member

I just bought a i believe its a 1990 not sure on the model yet have not been able to locate it yet. but anyway i believe my fuel pump is not working. has anyone ever put in an electric fuel pump, and if so what did you do with the orignal pump? did you leave in place or did you put a plate over it?:frustration:

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

unhook the line going to the carb from the fuel pump..crank it over and see if anything is coming out..the filter may be clogged as well not allowing fuel to get to the pump...I would check those before replacing the pump

3. Xman

Xman New Member

thanks buddy, i will work on that this evening. hopefully that works!

4. makindue

makindue New Member

Thanks for the information fupabox. I will also working in the same problem. :D

5. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If truck has been sitting awhile it could be the carb. I just swapped a motor on a S110P and used the the carb that came with the new/used motor. Would even try to hit. Pulled old carb. off of bad motor and installed on new/used motor and ZooooM. Doesnt take much for these carbs. to get gummed up when they sit.
    Fupabox is right.
    The lower big hose on pump facing carb. is the delivery hose to carb. The upper one comes from fuel tank. Disconnect lower hose @ carb. from inside of truck cab. Its easier than trying to get to it from the bed. Turn over engine. It wont be a huge amount coming out. Decent little flow. If its doing that its working. You can always pull the pump and stroke the pump and see if its creating suction. But its easier to disconnect line and use the motor.

6. JimHav

JimHav New Member

I am interested in swapping engines on my newly purchased '96 S110P. Not very mechanical so will need to have help transfering everything to a long block. Engine World in Houston, Tx. advertises long blocks. Any suggestions?

7. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Ive done a little business with them. I personally would go down and self pick the motor.
    General appearence means a lot to me. I would also highly recommend a compression test.

8. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

We Stock the Daihatsu Mechanical Fuel Pump. Send Direct e-mail for your Price