1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Mileage

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Subaru, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Subaru

Subaru Member

Yes I know this has been covered somewhat,but not exactly this question.
    With carb models varying from 20-40 miles per gal--where abouts have the EFI models fit in?Obviously the newer the model,technology steps in and helps out,but what about the early 90's Sambars with EFI.Any issues with the EFI on these?Oh yeah--Canadian climate users feedback needed as well.
    :)GO FLAMES GO:D

Thanks

2. teeshka

teeshka Member

Hi, I sold a 91 SC Sambar with EFI to a guy who says he is getting 36-40 MPG(imperial gallon, not US).

3. Subaru

Subaru Member

I will be happy:D if my manual or auto SC gets that for mileage...although my fullsize truck crapped out today so my new mini's may be for sale soon:(

4. Colin

Colin Member

The speed at which the machine is operated will make all the difference. I've seen high 20s to low 30s with my '90 Sambar, but that's because I drive it almost exclusively at 55+ MPH. If you're putt-putting around in town at 30 MPH, you'll probably see 40 MPG.

Colin

5. jtpc

jtpc Member

What is the difference between EFI models and not EFI? What does it stand for?

6. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

electronic fuel injection