1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel Lines

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Big Greg, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Big Greg

Big Greg New Member

Doing a carb swap and would like to clean up the fuel lines from the tank to the carb. The return line is no longer used so will remove that line at the tank,Seems to be a lot of plumbing at tank with two or three canisters ,can I remove all of that and just have a line to the fuel pump to the carb .

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

You will almost have to retain the vapor canister and plumbing to it in order to vent thefuel tank or you will have problems with vacuum buildup and fuel starvation as you use the fuel in the tank.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  3. Big Greg

Big Greg New Member

I wonder if I can eliminate the long run of fuel line and put it closer to the tank ,I assume you are referring to the black canister that is at the lower right side of the cab?

4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Big Greg,
    Go to your Profile page and Click on your Signature, and tell us what you OWN! Thanks! With that being said, yeah you can shorten your fuel lines, and re configure them any way you'd like. Your canister could be dirty, clogging up, and not breathing properly! It's a vapor Canister, it needs to let the vapors escape cleanly! It acts as a vent! Use the old Milk jug as an example! When you try to pour the milk out to fast, it gulps, starving for air! Same thing! Clean, Clean, Clean! Re place old worn out lines with new ones, shorter won't hurt! These units seem to get neglected on maintenance just by age, themselves! All the Vacuum lines get old and break down, just the same as the fuel lines! Re place them all, and you'll be surprised how much better your Mini will Run! Good Luck!
    Limestone

5. Mick

Mick New Member

95 Carry4x4... where is the best and most reliable place to get replacement parts?

6. PepeSilvia

PepeSilvia New Member

G&R Imports or twin rivers mini truck