1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel injection question

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Max, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Max

Max New Member

Is the fuel injection in the Suzuki Carry a throttle body or a multi port?

2. gbrad

gbrad Member

Hi,

It is multi port. It works real well, especially at low speeds in hunting situations. I gave up axle lock and diff lock on the '98 and older in lieu of the '99 having fuel injection instead of carburator.

It starts great, and runs great in all temperatures and situations. More leg room and longer wheel base also. Lastly a better approach angle on the front end.

gbrad

3. Max

Max New Member

Thanks gbrad, I want to buy a Suzuki Carry this year. I am trying to decide what year I should get. I might make the truck duel fuel (propane/gasoline). I found a conversion kit that would work on a 3cyl 650cc, but it only will adapt to fuel injected engines. The company that makes the conversion kit is "poweredbypropane".
    Thanks again,
    Max

4. BLES

BLES Member

Max:
    Just curious... why the duel fuel?? These things barely burn any gas anyway.?
    BLES

5. Max

Max New Member

I don’t necessarily want to put a conversion kit on a mini truck. I want to put it on my street vehicle, but I'm not sure the conversion is as easy as the company claims. I can’t afford to have my street vehicle down to long. So the mini truck will be the ginnie pig. I will find out how easy it really is. I expect a little power loss with propane. The company claims there will be no power loss with their fuel injection conversion kit. If everything is good, I can move the kit over to my street vehicle. The kit is made for a four cylinder, but will also work on a three cylinder.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2008
  6. BLES

BLES Member

Good luck with the project Max.
    BLES