1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front end alignment

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 4Wheelin, Mar 12, 2008.

1. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

Any one got any ideas on front end alignment for a 3" lifted 4x4? I will start tackling this issue in the next day or two, just thought I would check to see if anyone has already done this and had some nice tricks and tips!

Thanks in advance.

Eric

2. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Hey contrats on the new Mits. I usually use one of those cheap wooden handymans ruler/tape measure that unfolds. They have a metal piece that extracts on the end. Measure the difference between the front inside lip and the back inside lip then add an 1/8" to the front tow. Try to adjust the tie rods evenly. If the steering wheel is off a little you can re-center it by pulling it off and re-installing it on its spline in a differenct loc. I'm also interested in seeing what anyone else might have.

-Greg

3. Dan

Dan Member

Thats about it in a nut shell, Just pick the same reference points on the leading edge and the trailing edge. the leading edge should be about 1/8 narrower. I find it easier to readjust the linkage than to fight with the steering wheel puller. Done it both ways, and sometimes the steering wheel just pulls right off and other times it takes three men and the air-hammer...

4. I actually took mine to a local alignment shop and they took care of everything. Alignment, Caster, Camber and put new bushings in the idler arm. All for less than 100! they have my vote!