1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

front differential

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Dan, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Dan

Dan Member

I'm in need of a front differential assy to go in a 94 mits. anyone out there parting out a truck or know where to find one?

2. minitruck.ca

minitruck.ca Member

We have one

3. Dan

Dan Member

Thanks! e-mail sent

4. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

Hi Dan
    sorry about jacking this thread but i seen your name and i remembered something i needed to ask you...a wile ago i asked you about your stock fender flairs that are on your truck, do you have any that you clould sell? i bought a place in BC and i am taking my there and putting a 3" lift of my own design (no CV binding) on it so i can go off road. the wheels i got for it are off an 1980 carolla that was rear wheel drive so it has a 0 off set so fenders would be good:cool:
    let me know...thanks

wyatt

5. Dan

Dan Member

the flared fenders were tacked on at the factory and I don't have any extras. sorry I can't help this time...

still waiting to hear back from the vendors on a scrapyard diff...c'mon guys, a little help here please:)

6. Dan

Dan Member

:frustration:Ok... back to square one...:frustration:

found out today that there are no interchangable components between the jdm and usa mitsubishi's differentials...:frustration: the casing was a little different, the pinion shaft is a little larger on the jdm, and the ring gear has a few more teeth on the usa gear... so, anyone in need of a a jdm diff?? And i'm looking for a diff for a lefty still.

Even though it didn't workout, i've gottta give thanks to westshoreauto for trying. it was a nice clean diff in excellent condition.

7. Dan

Dan Member

hmmm:pop:...crickets......c'mon guys! someone out there must know someone who has a friend who knows this guys uncles neighbor who has one...!!!:rolleyes: still in need of a lefty front diff for my mits...:)

8. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

Its kinda hard to believe that the jdm and the us diffs are 'that' different. What went wrong with the original? I hope you can find something. Makes me wonder how many us 4x4 mits are out there. Any chance on retrofitting the crossmember that holds the diff? from your post im guessing the gear ratio's are different though.

9. Dan

Dan Member

Its looking pretty grim... i looked up the production #'s for the leftys and found that there were only a few thousand ever made and that was a lot of years ago. Remember a while back when i was testing lsd kits... well i installed three of them in my two trucks and never opened up one of the diffs. The one that i didn't open up was the one that needed the most attention. I guess it had run dry and the first long trip i took through the desert got it glowing hot... ten miles from the trailer it started howling and spitting teeth out. it locked up a few times and we just dropped in to low range and dumped the clutch in fwd /rev a few times to clear the rest of the teeth off of the pinion so we could get it back home. i suppose i could clean it up and put it back together and call it a 2wd with high/low. hmmm...now might be a good time to consider a full bottom end swap with a samurai or a jeep or something...

10. Dan

Dan Member

Still looking for a donor lefty that had a useable front diff...any leads appreciated guys.