1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Front axle support mounts

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Ran440, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Anybody have to replace these? Talking about the rubber mounts where the front axle support connects to each frame rail. Took a few pics of the left side mount from behind it looking forward. Never seen this mounts listed on any of the parts suppliers I have used. Please don't laugh at the cv boot band aid. At least it keep the dirt out. IMG_0403.JPG IMG_0405 (2).JPG

2. Ran440

Ran440 Member

After talking to some suppliers I have learned the correct name is front diff cross member also known as $$$$.
    A piece of steel and a bushing in each end, $225.00 + $35.00 shipping + $50.00 refundable core. I am sure that core refund
    will be more like $15.00 after shipping it back to them. At least the parts are available.

3. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

I’d pull it out, take out the bushings/isolator, and hit the local NAPA, to see how close they could get.

If they couldn’t get me close, I’d round up some UHMW, or Delrin blocks, and have it machined into bushings, and put it back together. Both can be found on eBay. If you can find off its, it can be quite inexpensive.

4. Ran440

Ran440 Member

Got the front diff cross member replaced today. Went pretty good for where it is located. The old bushings were very sloppy. Ended up getting it from G&R Imports.
    Was a rebuilt for $225.00 + $19 S&H. Next is the tie rod ends.