1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

from japan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by dead eye, Nov 4, 2007.

1. dead eye

dead eye Guest

Hey guys i would like to know if any of u r from Japan, or live in Japan. Just curious. Thanks:cool::)

2. hamradio

hamradio Member

As far as I know, there are a few members here in japan.

Welcome!

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Check out Don-in-Japan (he lives in Okinawa), or Japan_Car_Exports or Youngauto (Yamaguchi) all here on the forum. Don runs a shop (not an exporter of mini trucks in other words) but the other two, so far as I know, are in the business of exporting Kei trucks. There are some others I believe on the forum as well but I don't recall all their names!

4. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Hey there,
    That's right, I'm in Japan (Nagoya). First come to Japan in 1995!

Steve

5. Youngauto

Youngauto Member

Hi

Hi Steve,

I have some friends live in Nagoya. I`ve been there once to see them about a year ago, but don`t get much time to travel unfortunatley.

Went up into the mountains of Gifu. Really beautiful countryside.

Young Auto ships out of Moji, Kyushu, so we can check all of the trucks and repair anything that needs it before shipping. I buy units from Osaka / Kyoto to anywhere in the west to keep the transport costs down.

We are in Yamaguchi. Lots of trucks around the area.

Michael

6. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Nagoya is a great place to live and raise a family.

Since we're centrally located in Japan, we're perfectly located for buying from all auctions in Japan. Kobe to Tokyo and all points between are where we usually buy from. We are close to the Nagoya port, one of the largest in Japan, and paint, repair and load our trucks all in one place.

7. Hello!

I'm also here in Japan. I've lived here for about 13 years. I was in the middle of Honshu for a long time but right now live in the gorgeous region of Shikoku, on the big southern island tucked under Okayama and Osaka/Kobe.

8. Youngauto

Youngauto Member

Hi Mark,

I travelled across to Shikoku last year with some friends during Golden week.
    We crossed the bridge near Okayama and drove into the heart of the island where there is a massive gorge (can`t remember the name). Really fantastic scenery.
    We ended up in Matsuyama and it was a nice sized city. Checked out dogo onsen. As it was Golden week it was really hard to get a room and ended up in a pretty dodgy establishment. Had a great time though and will return some day. :)

9. Shikoku is a newer area to me as well. I had lived in Ishikawa for a long long time but now have relocated. My better half's family is from here so I get to discover a new part of the country.

The thing that blows me away are PALM TREES!! For a Canadian boy that's a pretty cool thing to see in the neighborhood when I'm driving around. There is quite a bit to see and do around here. I am just in awe of how beautiful the water is, and the people around here have been really good to us. I've been very lucky I think!!

10. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Alas...no onsen here in Wisconsin :( And certainly no palm trees.... :p

When my wife and I lived in Okinawa we did travel a bit on Honshu...spent a glorious Christmas in Nikko....went skiing in Hakuba. <sigh> brings back memories..

11. Never been to Okinawa but my wife has been down there scuba diving a lot... she promises to take me!!

Onsen... now there is something that a man can't have enough of. For you guys not "in the know", the onsen is just a public bath that folks go to at the end of the day, or beginning... or whenever... just to sit in the hot water, and soak away all the troubles of the day...

I had an onsen near my old apartment and knew the owners. I helped them with their business whenever they needed it and they gave me free access to their gym and onsen. It was a pretty big outfit they ran so that was GREAT. I was in there about 3-4 times a week.

12. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I used to live in Tokyo and Yokohama when I worked for Honda Motor Co in Aoyama (a really nice area of Tokyo...and the Canadian embassy was down the street, literally).

I've lived in Nagoya for nearly 6 years. Its a great place to raise a family, and centrally located to visit Osaka and Tokyo/Yokohama. Nagoya is busy enough but also retains a small-city (2 million people) feel.