1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found any "prizes" in your mini?

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by hotrodford, May 13, 2008.

1. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Yes, this sounds like a prayer.....thing (not sure what to call it). We still have a small one (about 1 1/2" x 3") from when we lived in Japan nearly 30 years ago. Typically you'd see these hanging from the rear view mirror. There was a small temple over the hill from where we lived where they would have occasional "car blessings"; you bring your new car in to get some good mojo applied to it. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i think the closest thing it could be called is a charm. pretty much a blessing in paper form that is ment to protect what it is attached to. car/truck/house etc. but of course they have different ones for different things.

3. o8k

o8k Member

what a cool thread!!!
    Here is my list to date (in order of discovery):

1. One, wire wheel with all the bristles burned off (location: glove box)
    2. One, 1 Yen coin (Location: defoger vent on dash, its still there, cant get it out)
    3. One, small 2-3oz clear plastic jug, similar in shape to an 8oz sunny D bottle, only smaller (Location: under passenger seat)
    4. One, piece of white chalk with yellow plastic chalk holder (Location: under driver's seat in rear near seatback)
    5. One, cotton grey/white sock (like the sock monkey sock w/ out the red heal)(Location: in the pocket on the drivers side seat back) <-- Hope no one had "turned Japanese" with that one!
    6. One mini road flare (Location: Passenger Boot)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  4. Reverendbiker

Reverendbiker New Member

When I brought my Sambar home and began cleaning it up I heard something rattling around in the ash tray. I opened it up and found the cigarette lighter--along with a pack of rolling papers and a couple of roaches. I'm glad I discovered them--it would have been fun explaining to someone else what a minister was doing with that stuff...

5. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

lol is japanese stuff not strong smelling? :p

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Ditto on the charm. I recently found I one along with 3 Coins.
    Truck also had a pair of pliairs , and a nice seat cushion.