1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fng

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by caseypeeps, Oct 23, 2007.

1. caseypeeps

caseypeeps New Member

Whats up guys, I too am a fan of the micro van. i have owned my 1988 hijet since 2000. It was the hijet featured on MTV's Pimp my Ride, and no my name is not Wyatt. I was to old to appear on the show. Nice to see some clean micros.

Attached Files:

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

You were too old to appear on the show??

I'd be curious about the history of the van. How did it come to the States and all that.

3. caseypeeps

caseypeeps New Member

The van was purchased new by cal state Berkley to do deliveries thru out the campus. Since the university encompasses many city blocks the hijet was issued a licence plate. I purchased the van in 2000 from the guy who bought it from a state equipment auction, I think he paid 50 bucks. I saw it in a neighborhood near sacramento, on the side of the road, I had to have it. I knocked on the door and asked him if he wanted to sell it, he said 500. I gave him 400. and have owned it ever since. When i got it it only went 25 mph, I took the regulator of the carb, and found a set of first generation RX7 rims a put 155r13s on the front and 185 75 r 13s on the back.

4. Scott-N-GA

Scott-N-GA New Member

Did you actually own it through the time it was on the show?

They just replaced you with the younger dude?

Scott

5. unclejemima

unclejemima Member

Very interesting indeed,
    This is the biggest celebrity we will ever have on this site:D;) Please, tell us more!
    -mark

6. caseypeeps

caseypeeps New Member

Yeah I owned the van the whole time, they didn't even ask Wyatt for the title or registration. The first episodes of pimp my ride required that you be between the ages of 16 and 25. Wyatt and I were down in the L.A. area and his sister saw the casting call on a job board. We new instantly that we were a shoe-in. We emailed in an application on monday night and they were calling us early tuesday morning. Wyatt pulled an all-nighter and towed it from sacramento to L.A. that night to make the casting call the next day.(We had to lie and say we lived in So-cal). Wyatt and his brother Nate hit the MTV parking lot at about 35mph blowing the double airhorns followed by a quick pull of the E brake. That pretty much sealed the deal.

7. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Cool story. :D I love the "reality" in reality TV! :rolleyes:

8. MrHijet

MrHijet New Member

Sounds crazy.

Did you know that the official Daihatsu Germany had an article on your Hijet (Pictures from the MTV show).

Cheers,

Daniel