1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Flush Mount Tweeters

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Ryan Collier, Jun 4, 2022.

1. Ryan Collier

Ryan Collier New Member

I'm considering installing a nice sound system in my 96 Street. I want it to be as stealth as possible and have been trying to think of creative ways of installing subwoofers under the seats, but I realize I'm probably going to have to put tweeters on the dash. I've seen others that do top mounted ones, but was wondering if the dash had enough clearance in there corners to drill holes foe flush mounted ones. I'm finding it tricky without physically removing mine to find out if there's clearance. Anyone have inout on this?

2. Hatchbackhound

Hatchbackhound New Member

Morel makes a 603 3way unit. With a small box for the 6.5s and the 4inch units in door that only leaves the tweeters. There is space near top of A pillars. You will also need to power them with a discreet class d amp. But I think that's your best bet. It's what I'm working towards. I think any real sub would be too much. There is not real space and the sound deadening required would be... invasive.

Ryan Collier likes this.
  3. Ryan Collier

Ryan Collier New Member

I would be interested in seeing your installation when complete. This Is a great idea. As for the box for the 6.5’s, I m wonder Ming about placement. There’s room under the passenger seat, but drivers seat has the compressor for the A/C. I’ve been considering having custom boxes mad that fit under the dash firing down but not sure if that will work.

4. Ryan Collier

Ryan Collier New Member

Also, I’ve been thinking. The shelf area under the glovebox would be perfect for a custom sub box.