1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fluid types and Capacities for 93/94 Minicab?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by 98 SNAKE EATER, May 8, 2008.

1. slimbad

slimbad Member

Mr. T.,

Congrats on your 94 Mits. It's rare that I miss my daily Minitruck forum fix. I usually check it out between 3-6 AM (CST). If you ever want to determine when a member was last on the site, just click on the Members List at the top of the page and look up the member and it will give the last date visited.

I'm glad the fluid specs were of some use to you. If you have any questions - just post up, there's plenty of helpful people onboard...........later, slim

2. rynow

rynow Member

Hey my van is automatic and I'm wondering if and when I need to check the tranny fluid.
    Should I also look into the differential. I not a mechanic by any means but just wondering if I should have my shop look at this stuff. Anyone have fluid specs for automatics?

92 Minicab van
    4x4 3G38
    660cc turbo

3. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Call minibrutes mini trucks in Canada or g and r imports. They'll know about the AT fluid. The rear diff. 85/90 will work. I think Daihatsu says 75/80 in the front diff. Shouldnt really matter. Get the name brand stuff. If you use a syn. gear lube you wont have to ever mess with it again(unless there is water contamination). "Amsoil" is my brand. The down side of using syn. oil on high mileage vehicles is that it will clean the small particulates out of the seals and you may start leaking a bit weather its used in the engine or tranny/diffs.. Thats a call you have to make. My personal truck has Amsoil in everything. I believe in it. A little on the pricey side but it sure does protect against over heating anything.

4. Nighthawk

Nighthawk New Member

Nighthawk,
    I have a 94 mtz dump with a 660cc.engine. What weight gear oil would I use in my transfer case and what amount?? Also need to replace a rear shock and figure on replacing the other three. Any one have any suggestions on model or stock number for replacements?? Thanks for any help and this is a terrific site to get information on mini's!!!!!

5. ozarkman

ozarkman Member

According to the Wix website, the correct oil filter for a 3G83 engine is a 51365 — did you transpose the last two digits?
    Check out http://www.wixfilters.com/Lookup/Applications.aspx?Section=7

6. Stevo

Stevo New Member

We use a 1996 Mitsubishi mini truck here where I work and we are looking to top off the tranny fluid. Found the filler plug, but what is the size of the plug itself?