1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

first evening in the shop with Mini

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SDK1968, Apr 17, 2019.

1. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

For those who looked at my intro thread & know that im a Mini Noob heres how this went tonite.

side note & advanced warning: while i do run a large forum in a different hobby, im not a grammar nazi or an english major. i dont proof read my posts, so if you see a mistake? Yep. its a mistake. :)

Had some garage time tonight after wife passed out. so went out to do some cleaning on the Mini.

OMG! while its the cleanest one ive looked at & in good shape..... holy crap was that thing dirty inside!

took a thing of greased lightning to the headliner, sunvisor, headrests, seats, dash, doors everywhere inside the cab & anything that could be wiped off.

went thru about a dozen rags & thru them all away. THEN went over the whole inside with foaming tire cleaner & some Q tips.

then cleaned the windows( i totally suck at windows).

now it just looks like its 25 years old on the inside. later on will get the engine bay cleaned out.

got the rear bumper fabbed, finished up & installed. its not great, but it should be good enough for now.

the bumper is straighter than my shop floor. the pic makes it look out of level.

20190417_170747_HDR(1).jpg

2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

3. Dutchminitrucker

Dutchminitrucker New Member

Nice job, waiting for my dd51t to arrive at the harbor! Maybe you should make some videos of your carry?