1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First dumb question:

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by Wolfman, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I am now the proud new owner of one 1995 Daihatsu Hijet. I'm looking forward to having fun with this little truck. I do have my first question, however.

Where is the fuse box hidden? The cigarette lighter does not work, which means my GPS won't work. My GPS is going to be the speedometer in this truck when I'm out and about in it. TIA.

2. Colin

Colin Member

Pffft... the KM-to-MPH conversion is easy enough. When driving on the road, I just remember:

50 kph = 30 mph
    60 kph = 36 mph
    80 kph = 48 mph
    100 kph = 62 mph
    110 kph = 68 mph

:)

3. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

I found the fuse box. I'm too lazy to do the math. I don't think the speedometer is very accurate in my truck. My neighbour who helped me get the truck home, said that I hit 55 mph once. That was when my speedo was indicating ~95kph.

I just finished replacing a burned out tail light bulb. That ended up evolving into drilling out a screw. So I bought four new screws, and replaced all of them.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

The cigarette lighter ended up being nothing more than too dirty for a good connection. That's a good thing, because I have NO idea how I'm supposed to even begin to look at that fuse box, where it's been mounted. So, all I've had to replace after bringing it home, was a burned out light bulb. Not bad for a 12 year old vehicle.

This is gonna be a sweet little truck.

5. lotus4s

lotus4s New Member

95kph is 58.9 mph so that's pretty close....