1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Finding the year of my truck

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Jay Chester, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Jay Chester

Jay Chester New Member

I have been trying to research my truck but can't seem to find the year from the chassis number. The seat belt tags are unreadable. Tried several websites with no luck...... chassis# is DK51T-301249. Can anyone help? I know it's probably early 90's because it's carburated.

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Jay,
    Please go to your Signature, in your Avatar, and put in what you know, so people can Help you! Example; Suzuki Carry Mazda Scrum, trying to find year of mfg.!
    Thanks, Limestone

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Substitute a "B" or "D" in place of the "K" and see if you come up with your vehicle.

Fred

4. Jay Chester

Jay Chester New Member

Done!

Limestone likes this.
  5. shogun

shogun Active Member

6. Jay Chester

Jay Chester New Member

7. fmartin_gila

As I suggested earlier I merely substituted a D in place of the K and found it to be manufactured by Suzuki in Nov of 1993. Is this your vehicle?

Fred

Last edited: Jul 5, 2021
    Limestone likes this.
  8. Jay Chester

Jay Chester New Member

Limestone likes this.
  9. fmartin_gila

Then go to megazip or other supplier, type in that vin in the search & see if the parts diagrams match what you can see on your vehicle. An example is that I have mine now registered in the Philippines as a 2014(cause that is when I bought it) Suzuki, it is in actuality a 2002 Suzuki still carrying the Mazda hood emblem and I buy parts for a 2002 Suzuki because it was manufactured by Suzuki and only rebadged & sold as a Mazda by a Mazda dealer when new.

I think I am trying to confuse me LOL.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  10. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

HAHAHA!'
    Good stuff Fred!