1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fender Flares Needed

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by jbarv, Sep 14, 2007.

1. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Does anyone know where I can get some 2" or 3" fender flares to fit a 93 Suzi? Or somewhere I can buy 15 feet of the rubber edging and cut to fit? Thanks.

2. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

I've seen Lone Star Sky Sales in Texas offer them. But maybe some of our forum members/dealers can pop in here with more info. Also, FWIW, I've seen that sort of thing in the good old JC Whitney catalog.

3. larryn2o

larryn2o Member

flare

i have made them out if plastic yard edging.

4. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Thanks guys, Im still waiting on Lonestar to call me back, but I hadnt thought of Whitneys, Ill give them a look.

If I get to feeling crafty, I may have to go the yard edging route.... but Im not real good at being crafty, so I'd better not....

5. Acerguy

6. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Thanks, believe I shall go that route....

7. Acerguy

Good Luck! Let us see how it turns out!

8. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

I believe I have a box of that in the garage from setting up some on our Isuzu NPR. If you are interested in it let me know and I will go find it and measure it to see how much is left, sell it cheap! (It is the black rubber type with a lip on the outside and a stop lip about 1" or so on the inside).

9. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Well, I got the flares installed on my Suzi. Ill post some pics when I get the bends lined out to where it looks ok..... lil tougher than I thought to make them fit without cutting them....After thinking about this a minute, I may hold off on the pics so you guys wont laugh at me.....

10. Acerguy

Aw....c'mon. PLEEEEEEZE??? ;):D

11. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Joe, It can't be that bad! You should see how rough it came out on the Isuzu NPR! But hey, they are still mounted and work great!

12. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Lets just say they're functional..... aint pretty to look at, but they're functional, hahahaha....Think Ill get the woman to work on them and see if she cant pretty them up some.

13. joels

joels Guest

what did you use?

did you go with somthing from whitney? or make somthing else. I would like to order somthing from whitney I am thinking the 3" heavy in a 25' roll what has anyone else tried?

14. tbp

tbp New Member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2007
  15. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Thats what mine look like, except I didnt have the wire to help them hold their shape.

16. tbp

tbp New Member

mine don't have the wire in them, they are just the heavy duty type. i was kind of leary of the wire ones. didn't know how easy they'd shape up. only trouble i had was on the rear i had to use screws from the outside because there was no inside lip on the fender. the front had an inside lip. they work good, they don't quite cover my tires as well as i would like. if the ground is wet and you have your arm resting on the window ledge, it throws some muck up on you, but they are definitely better than nothing. there is enough on that roll to do two trucks, so if your buddy has one too, split the costs with him.

17. jbarv

jbarv New Member

The front fenderwells of my 93 Suzuki have bends in them near the top of the wells, since I didnt cut the trim at the bends, it now folds. Even moreso as they get a little wear on them from trees and such driving around in the woods.

I kinda like the flat look on the rear fenders after looking at it a few weeks, its grown on me.

18. tkeltgen

tkeltgen New Member

JCW flares

Hey guys , i'm a newby to the site. I have a 98 Mitsubishi and was wondering about flares from JCW. How did you guys mount the fender lip flares on your trucks, mine does not appear to have a lip on the top of the fender well to mount the flare to. Any suggestions?

19. jimhammer1

jimhammer1 Member

Has anyone been able to contact Lone Star Sky sales? On 1/22 I ordered what I thought were fender flares specifically cut and shaped for my 1997 Suzuki. On 2/1 I received 15' of flare material 2 1/2" wide and some sheet metal screws.
    Since then I have tried their website and can't get it to come up and no return calls. Not going to work well on the rear fenders and seems they will have to be cut in half to accomodate the front door. Cost for their flares: $83.45 with shipping. Can get 15' of flare material locally cheaper.
    Has anyone installed the flare stripping on a Suzuki?

20. jbarv

jbarv New Member

I looked at Lonestars first, after getting tired of waiting for a call back, I deduced that he sold the exact same thing as JC Whitneys. So I bought some extra flare material from one of the fine members here and just kinda made it fit, redneck style.