1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fast headlight restore

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by TonyD, Sep 3, 2021.

1. TonyD

TonyD New Member

The MiniShark's headlights were pretty yellowed and pitted from 18 yrs of UV light breaking down the polycarb. Brought them back to almost new in ~10 mins with glass cleaner and 3m auto rubbing compound. Wiped clean with Windex, buffed each one for 4 mins with the 3m, then Windexed them clean. - Tony

Attached Files:

installater likes this.
  2. trktrd

trktrd Active Member

Good job. You can save some money and use toothpaste instead. Same results. I use a soft round brush on my drill wet it up a little and hit it with the toothpaste.

TonyD likes this.
  3. SAITCHO

SAITCHO Active Member

Now you need to apply a protective coating to keep them looking like that.

4. TonyD

TonyD New Member

Thanks. I usesed Meguiar's Keep Clear this time. Heard it lasts longer than plain clear coat spray - though plain clear coat has worked for quite a while for me in the past on other vehicles.

5. Arty

Arty Active Member

That worked out really well!

6. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

Haha! Nice job and using the familiar HF stool and buffer I see.

7. TonyD

TonyD New Member

Yup and yup. That stool was one of the best 15 bux I ever spent there I think. Gets low enough for jobs like that and high enough for my soldering table. Has been holding all 230 lbs of me for years with no signs of wear yet. The buffer for 15 is a no brainier for a beater too. Miss the 25% off anything coupons. There are plenty of good deals to be had there if used within expectations for the price.