1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fan belt

Discussion in 'References' started by mike o, Nov 3, 2008.

1. mike o

mike o Member

I'm wondering if anyone knows what domestic brand of auto would have a fan belt to fit my 1984 Honda ACTY. I hate the thoughts of going in and trying to size one up through the multitude of sizes:frustration:

2. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Take your bad belt in to your nearby Canadian Auto (or NAPA type store) and have them cross it. They have a sizer and can hit it real close. My Mitsu was using an oversized belt that was a metric 300 and the alternator was at the max for adjustment. I ended up with a slightly smaller belt but with the same 9mm wide top, 5mm lower width that worked just fine. It also moved my alternator back in the acceptable range for the tension adjustment.
    I can post the number but I don't know if it would cross over to your rig.

3. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Fan belt part #'s

I am presuming that it is a normal v-belt and not a serpentine belt

Belt needs to 9.5 mm or 10 mm across top x 875 mm long

There is a lot of vehicles that use this size 9.5 [10] mm x 875 mm, very common size

Possible part #'s:

9.5mm size:
    9.5X875La,

10mm size:
    10A0875, 10A0875C, 6215ESC, 6215MC,

The 10 mm will sit up a little higher in the pulley but should be ok

If all else fails this might work ok:
    GATES Part # 7345 {High Capacity V-Belt (Standard) HC41 3/8" x 35 1/8"}
    this might be a tad long ? as 35 1/8" = 892 mm

4. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Great to see those numbers! I looked at what my truck "had" which was a bit too long...Bando RAF K300. Swapped it with a new Gates 3L290W (9mm X 735mm). Rides a bit lower in the pulleys but now offers the necessary adjustment room. Now when anyone "searchs" for fan belt stuff this will come up!

5. mike o

mike o Member

Great advice:D Just another reason why I love this forum:) Not a lot of B.S and always get good adice from fellow enthusiasts. Know anything about gas cables? Mine has stuck open 2x now. I took the linkage apart at the pedal and it moves smoothly, no kinks or breaks. I'm a little timid to take the carb cover apart, it's a confidence thing, I work with special needs kids not mechanical, so it'a all new to me. I'll grab the bull by the horns when I get my "cajons" up just afraid of making things worse. I did have the opportunity to drive my ride in the snow before my current problem and in a word it works AWESOME:D

6. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

I would think there should be a return spring on the other end by the carb, most times the cable wraps
    around a "quadrant" [quarter of a circle] and has a return spring for return.
    Should be on the butterfly shaft right on the carb.

Still waiting for snow to go play :pop:

7. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Update folks...my 3L290W (9mm X 735mm) fan belt did not make the long term level of longevity. Turns out it should be 4L300W (12.5 X 760mm) which fits a lot better. Higher in the pully like it should. The 3L290W (9mm X 735mm) size is just too thin at 9mm and wears/stretches like crazy. The old original belt had started out as a 4L but over time was ground down so it looked like a really stretched out 9mm wide belt which it wasn't!

8. Midway

Midway Member

Would anyone have a part # for the fan belt on a '93 Hijet Jumbo w/ac? I have the ac belt, but the fan/alt. belt is gone. Thanks for your help.

9. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

gates 6211mc or gates 6273mc

10. jackpan

jackpan New Member

14400-PZ1-004
    101 x 26mm

14400-679-014
    87 x 19mm

14400-679-024
    87 x ¾”

these are all for Acty.

11. N7MOG

N7MOG Member

The Gates 4L300W (12.5 X 760mm) crosses to a CarQuest RBR 6830. On my 1993 Mits U42T the belt was kinda tight, but after it was on there was a bit of tightening room left. The original belt was MD 813653, marked Mitsubishi. Thanks TetsuKuma!
    Bill

12. jackpan

jackpan New Member

hi, we can produce the belt according to your dimension requirement. If you want it be longer or shorter, we can do it for you.
    Email:psj0024@163.com
    MSN:autorubbers@hotmail.com