1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory underbed storage box

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by poltergiest, Oct 8, 2009.

1. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

I have a '96 Carry and I see these on others trucks, it looks like the idea piece to keep tie downs and "junk". However I am not sure what they are called or what to search for.:frustration:
    Does anyone know where to find one? If it matters I am in the Columbus, Ohio area.

Thanks!

2. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i would think tool box is the right wording for it. I got one on my truck and im sure the mud flap in front of it is what has saved it. alot of them rust out to.

3. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

I wonder if there are alternatives out there? I saw mentioned that some were using ammo cans, and for me that would not work. I need something to lock, I know just keeps the honest man honest, but slows the rest of 'em down.

4. greg0187

greg0187 Moderator Staff Member

If theres enough interest, which I think there would be, maybe we can get some of the verdors to start making them.

5. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

10,100 yen =114.00 US dollars plus shipping. I like the ammo box ideal.

7. TRAX and HORNS

On the factory box there are brackets made onto the box. One on the left side that screws to frame and one on top that screws into bed.

8. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

Ouch $115 plus shipping to USA, wow puts me back up to the ones at tractor supply, but they are too big.

So far ammo cans are winning. Not really what I want.

9. Stuff99

mine has a place to put a lock on it to. not very good place but it works if you have a good lock that is... i got center caps in there and some tow straps.. umm i got tire cleaner in there and it froze last night... i wonder if it went boom....

10. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

I am talking about the "FAT 50" Ammo cans, they are for the belt fed SAW rifle.
    I found some master locks with rubberized outer layer and then use surgical tubing for the shank, that would stop most rattling.

I am in no hurry but I would like to get done before winter is here in full force.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  11. MiniBrutes

MiniBrutes Member

Did I hear "Group Buy"?

I will add this to my list of goodies to try and obtain for a reasonable cost when I am in Asia next week.

If I find something I will post in the last week of October.

12. fupabox

13. Stuff99

i like that box actually. locks down to the bed and you can remove it..

14. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

Its a nice box, but for I use the truck I need the entire bed....humm I'm thinking a Liteace needs to be in furture....

I looked at Tractor Supply today and really did not see anything small enough to fit.

If the boxes Minibrutes can source will be cheap enough I would wait.

15. Stuff99

the sambar comes with under body boxes to. just when they come over here apparently lots are rusted out or have holes so they just take them off and be done with the hassle.

16. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

I think I figured out a replacement box. Fab up two holding brackets by putting some Z bends on the metal break, weld them to the frame and use one bolt, each on the back and bottom, fill in with some silicon to weatherproof it again. Just for insurance I think a small piece tack welded through the handle to the bottom of the bed is called for...

$38 at adorama camera

http://www.stormcase.com/StormCaseSizes/StormiM2075.htm

17. fupabox

Those would look cool mounted on both sides..nice find

18. erixun

erixun Member

Just Google "under bed truck box" for some websites and more ideas.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  19. Stuff99

i realized that i need some kind of large in box container thing for my trip. need to keep lugage and stuff dry and secure..

20. poltergiest

poltergiest New Member

21. Stuff99

sneaky sneaky!

22. fupabox

nicely done..kudos:)...you may get some copycats myself being one of them

23. Stuff99

like the fact they are removable but you cant see easily! also you can mount them basically where ever you want and and as many as you can fit i would think.

24. kioti2008

kioti2008 Member

tool box

just installed mine worked great thanks for the idea

25. erixun

erixun Member

Well its been a long time coming, but a big THANKS for the idea of the storm cases, I purchased two after the idea appeared on this forum, and mounted both on the side. They work like a champ, and I really like that I can remove them easily! I have a small first aid kit, air compressor, gloves, tire repair kit, and other things in them and still have room for more. In my tool box that came with the truck I have my tool bag, snatch block, tow rope etc. Attached is a couple of pictures, before paint and one after paint, I am in the process of painting part of my truck and then going to apply some camo-clad.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
    Tommy Hood and Acerguy like this.
  26. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Very nice!

27. TRAX and HORNS

Send that man a cigar. Thats one of the best ideals Ive seen in a while. I recently went to a University Surplus Auction and they had all sizes of those things. I think they were used when shipping computers / cameras and the like. They had some kind of a gray foam in them for packing material. Looks like they were water proof because they all had a rubber seal around the edge.
    Thats Cool.

28. Stuff99

yup they are "water resistant" lol. used pelican brand cases for working surveying. the latches are really good and strong to.

29. firejonny89

firejonny89 Member

sorry for bumping an old thread but what pelican case did you use