1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Electrical Manual 94-6

Discussion in 'Honda Acty References' started by Bert Stevens, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Bert Stevens

Bert Stevens Active Member

I finally got electrical wiring diagrams, Much easy to solve "that" problem. I message me if you need a page or two, put ACTY WIRING in header. purplepig960 g mail took 3 months to get after looking for three years for one I could afford. SOOO worth it.

Edit . . change of plan, if you need a page of two, ask here. That way everyone can find it. HERE

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    orberto, King Mike, SteveBW and 2 others like this.
  2. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Bert , does it cover the electric power steering ? Thanks

3. Bert Stevens

Yes it does, power steering.jpg

4. Koffer

Koffer Active Member

Thank you , hopefully it’s something simple ( but it won’t I’m sure)

5. Morrob95

Morrob95 New Member

Hey brother, can you post the cooling diagram for the system including where the dashboard temp guage gets its reading from? Just replaced T-stat and it still shows pretty low on the temp guage. About at a 45 degree angle rather right 90 degrees or right in the middle.

6. Bert Stevens

simple enought, connection (111) is in engine harness, on the page (the one that shows connection location) it shows what to me looks like top of engine. not sure where exactly where. Parts page, looks like it might be next to alt.. (14) 37750-PH2-014 but check to make sure this is the right sending unit for your Van. If you ground out the wire at sending unit, the gage should go to max. I think that if you feel it is running hot, a good flush is the way to go, (first step) if that doesn't fix it, then replace water pump. I had a 90 civic once that had the block machined wrong from the factory, too close. it kept going through water pumps untill I figured it out. (when it got hot it rubbed) it could be that it is the opposite is happing here and you have too much clearance in here. grit in the coolant does wear down the fins, over many years. I've seen pump look totally good and be bad. check your flow rate. Sorry for taking all week to get back to you.

Attached Files:

Jonathon Carey and shogun like this.
  7. Bert Stevens

temps sending unit is on ebay $12

8. Morrob95

Morrob95 New Member

Hey Bert, I've come to the conclusions that it MUST just be reading the wrong temp! Here's my rationale. The fan turns on and off correctly now that I swapped out the thermostat. It doesn't take forever to heat up. Once it settles on a little more than Mid way to Middle of the temp gauge, it doesn't move (See attached). What is the Temp sending unit? Are you talking about the switch in the bottom of the radiator that turns the fan on and off? If so, that is working as intended and seems to only have two wires (so it couldn't possibly tell the dash how hot the coolant is). I drew up a little "gauge" in paint. That right there is where it never leaves no matter how long you drive the van. Heat blasts extremely well, there is no air in the system. I did a coolant flush, same issue. I'm really thinking its gotta either be the dash or something that tells that specific gauge what its supposed to be at.. If that is the "temps sending unit" would you mind posting a link or picture to what you're talking about? I'll definitely order it and do it, no issues. I spent about 20 minutes on eBay searching for that terminology along with "Honda Acty Van" and was unsuccessful. I appreciate the help man!

Edit: Are you talking about this part #
    37750-PH2-014
    "Acty HA4 HH4 HA3 HH3 Coolant Temp Sensor Honda Genuine"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/274531986458

For 98$?

Attached Files:

9. Bert Stevens

yes but don't pay 98 for it you can get the same one for 12 exact same part $12 works on old civic too. I looked at my truck just now I can't see it anywhere down in there, it been couple years since I pulled mine apart to do all the servicing need when I first got it. I looked at all the picture I took, none show it. I do think it is under the alternator. Ask around someone knows where it is. the switch on the radiator bottom only controls the radiator Fan.
    Edit 4/23/24 my truck has been over heatering so I'm working on it . . . found the temp gauge sending unit. it is under the water outlet to radiator, by distributor, duh, best place for it right where the water exit the engine. (I knew that)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024 at 6:47 PM
  10. King Mike

King Mike New Member

Hey Bert. Do you have the wiring diagram for the a/c. Can't get the compressor to engage unless i straight wire it. Just changed it from r12 to r134a

11. Bert Stevens

I will post them soon, busy right now, I'm doing some scaning later , will do those too.

12. Bert Stevens

There is some differences, manual or auto trans, street or acty, Carb or FI, so I just put the whole section up.

Attached Files:

Jonathon Carey and Limestone like this.
  13. King Mike

King Mike New Member

Sorry about that it’s a:
    91 Honda Acty Attack
    Manual 4 speed
    Carb

14. pass1over

pass1over Member

Was hoping you could post the page with the wiring diagram for the carb solenoids please.

HA4 truck

Thank you in advance.

15. Bert Stevens

I haven't been unable to find the wiring diagram showing the idle cut solenoid and bowl vent solenoid. translating these page is proving harder then last time for me. don't belive those are here, but here is the fuel section. I believe both solenoids are power on, with key run, with out relays. not sure which fuse. I've been "reading" the factory service manual and wiring manual. I want to know these circuits too. if I find the answer I will post it. I don't read japanese, lots of page translating going on. relay locations and juction locations is helping much. From what I can figure with the harness diagrams, and what is! runing through a relay, I don't believe there is a relay in the circuit to the solenoids. I don't know.

Attached Files:

Jonathon Carey likes this.
  16. Bert Stevens

I just found this, will look ("read") some more. I'm going to look on my truck, and pull this relay if it is there, if fuel cut solenoid stops working then I know it has a relay.

Attached Files:

Jonathon Carey likes this.
  17. pass1over

pass1over Member

THANK YOU for posting this!!!

It looks like it's just fed through the ignition on a 10 amp circuit. It's the same on the AT and the MT pages.

The bottom left square that says SOL.V is the Air Vent Cut Solenoid. I can confirm this because the wire color coming out of it is black/yellow (which it is) and then changes to a yellow/white (which it does). The top left box, IG 2 goes to a 10 amp fuse labeled Vent Cut Solenoid.

I'll keep translating the pages as I have time at work. I can repost them on here if you'd like.

Download Google Lens if you have an android phone. It will translate all of this for you.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
  18. Bert Stevens

more scans I've done, fuel cut sol power goes through ig1, turn signal fuse, and a relay. 3-10 #(256) and the bowl vent sol power does has you said. 4-003

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2023
    Jonathon Carey and shogun like this.
  19. Bert Stevens

I've got a routine now, for scanning, translating, and saving jpg

20. Bert Stevens

I see it now, page 7-2 farleft side, IG2 10A (5)(1) bowl vent sol.v no relays. (5) is under dash (1) engine compartment harness. next to it is fuel cut relay (256) to fuel pump, not idle cut sol. Still haven't found that circuit. thats still part of the mystery for power to the two solenoids on the carburetor.

21. Minicab69

Minicab69 New Member

is there anyway you could post a picture of the pin out for the engine wire harness? I installed a newer E07A from a 99 Acty in my 91 and it does run and drive fine and all the gauges work the idle is pretty rough and there are three wires that were not used so I want to figure out what they are.

22. Bert Stevens

I will take a look into that, really busy thu weekend, so might be mid next week, if you don't hear from me "soon" , remind me. sometimes I need a little push. I get to doing other stuff and forget.

23. Bert Stevens

A moment free. Realized it might be better to get colors and location of wire in harness. Pages show connector type, location and colors in engine harness, but not a whole engine wiring diagram. Diagrams are by system. A picture of the closest plug connector that these wires run through is the easiest way to find out what their for.

Minicab69 likes this.
  24. TrevorBB

TrevorBB New Member

Nice one snagging those electrical wiring diagrams! Having the right manual can make all the difference when you're troubleshooting. Props for sticking with it and finally getting your hands on the info you needed.
    If anyone's still chasing down those diagrams, hit up purplepig960 with "ACTY WIRING" in the header – sounds like they've got the hookup.
    Oh, and if you're tackling any utility projects, check out kanatautilitiesltd.ca for all your power needs. When we needed some expert advice, we reached out to a pole line contractor who knew their stuff inside and out.

25. ActyAME

ActyAME New Member

Hi Bert, I'm looking for the power supply circuit to the fuel pump please. The service manual schematic isn't cutting it.
    97 HA4, carbed SDX

Thanks in advance, hope you are well.

26. Bert Stevens

I already posted the fuel section up above, that all I have.

27. ActyAME

ActyAME New Member

Apologies, just found them. Thank you!

28. orberto

orberto New Member

Hiya,

I'm about to install an alarm and starter interrupt. Can you get get the ignition and starter wire colors? Bonus for horn, parking lights and door sensors. I'll be using a test light to find things, but would love to have a general idea to start with.

29. Bert Stevens

THERE you go. Let us know how it goes, with pictures. S 6-3.jpg 6-4.jpg 12-2.jpg tart a thread, I for one am interested in seeing it.

Minicab69 likes this.
  30. Bert Stevens

i don't know how that happen or how to fix it.
    I don't know how that happpen or how to fix it. at least you got the scan.