1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook Mini truck group

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by steve_nagoya, Jan 11, 2008.

1. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Hey all,

If any of you are on Facebook, join the mini truck enthusiast group.

If any of you aren't on Facebook, I have to ask, "Why not?". :)

2. jpfanne

jpfanne Member

Ok, for all of us non-computer nerds....what is facebook?

Jeff

3. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

Well, I guess I had to have someone tell me before I knew what it was.

www.facebook.com

Its probably the largest social networking site in the world (seriously). I was told if was first started at a US university and was by invite only. Now its massive (MASSIVE) and everyone is joining.

4. jbarv

jbarv New Member

Im not on there because Myspace wastes way too much of my time already, Id never get anything accomplished if I had facebook too :eek:

5. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

Yea, us old guys don't use those online social sites....but my kids sure do.

6. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

I would think that myspace is larger than facebook. Face book is mainly a university social network...right.

7. abcminitrucks

abcminitrucks Member

If Facebook is not bigger than myspace, it will be soon. My kids and all their friends have closed their myspace accounts and moved to facbook. One is in college and two are still in high school.

8. kmoneil

kmoneil Administrator Staff Member

I'm more of LinkedIn.com kind of a guy :)

9. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I've been told Facebook is going to be the largest social network ever. The problem with Myspace is that information is scattered around the person's page, whereas Facebook has a standard format so finding stuff about a friend is easier.

It was once just a "university" thing, but has broken out of that image. I'm many years out of my undergrad years, but find it a lot of fun to catch up with old friends I've lost touch with because I'm here in Japan.

Anyway, if you sign up with Facebook, hunt down the Minitruck Enthusiast Group!

But, as jbarv said, you could get sucked into it and spend far too much time on it!

10. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I'm also on there too. Don't know too much about it though.

11. TetsuKuma

TetsuKuma Member

Well gee, this site is just fine...maybe we should have it renamed to MiniTruckSpace?

12. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member

I like this space too, but thought it would be nice to have a mini truck group on facebook too. We have 11 members now (small but growing). Its certainly not there to replace this site!

13. speedy67

speedy67 Member

14. steve_nagoya

steve_nagoya Member