1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F6A oil pan replacement

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by rumleyfips, Apr 14, 2019.

1. rumleyfips

rumleyfips New Member

The oil pan on my 91 Carry rusted out. I am having trouble getting at the back two 10mm bolts. There is little space to get a socket on the bolts ; the bell housing is in the way.

Do I need to split the engine and bell housing to get at these two back bolts ? Has anyone done this job ?

Thanks;

John

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

When I had to replace the oil pan because of a bad rock strike on mine, I found a kind of 'bridge' which had to be removed to get to the 2 bolts there. It looked like it was some additional support between the engine block and the bellhousing. Had to remove the same 'bridge' in order to separate the transmission from the engine when I replaced the clutch. This may or may not pertain to your vehicle as mine is a 2002 model and has a K6A engine with a cast aluminum oil pan.

Fred

3. rumleyfips

rumleyfips New Member

Thank Fred:
    Mine is an earlier model with a stamped steel oil pan.

John

4. rumleyfips

rumleyfips New Member

Finally done. First it rained for two weeks then I put the pan on and it leaked , but success finally.

The two dolts hidden up in the bellhousing can be removed with a 1/4 drive ratchet, a small diameter 10mil socket and a worn short extension. There is a bolt obscured by a crossmember that can be removed with an open end wrench an sixteenth of a turn at a time. There are a couple of others that need a long 1/4 drive extension.

I read the permatex ultra black instructions that said 1/8 to 1/4 bead and went to their website that said don't use too much, 1/8 is fine. Well no. I rubbed off the rtv getting the oil pan around the pickup. I needed to take one bolt out of the pickup and wiggle everything to get it into place. The second time i used 1/4 bead and it is fine now.

Now that I screwed up the first time I can do it a lot faster the second time.

5. Mazda Autozam

Mazda Autozam New Member

Hello,

I have a 1996 Mazda Autozam DK51t Suzuki F6A engine with a leaking oil pan -All dented and been repaired. It appears the replacement oil pan is no longer available through Yokohama. Any suggestions as to where to get a replacement pan? Do any later model or other after market pans fit this? It seems like it will be a real pain to remove, and I would much rather try and replace the pan than fix it. Thanks in advance for any help.

6. t_g_farrell

t_g_farrell Active Member

G&R in missouri has used parts.