1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F6A Enginer overhaul Form

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by gdw4078, Feb 20, 2013.

1. hatch

hatch Member

You guys are so smart when it comes to this stuff. A lot of what y'all are saying is really scaring the crap out of me and got me thinking I need to sell my trucks.

Also let me run this one by y'all since we are talking about an engine rebuild, a guy told me today that these engines do not rebuild well and that your better off getting another engine instead of rebuilding. Anyone had any experience with this or ever heard of such?

This guy also told me he had a Honda acty that ran but smoked and would sell for $800. Good deal bad deal?

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

These are just like any other engine it's all in the details.If an engine has been overheated to where there is distortion then there is a greater chance of problems with a rebuild just like a rod through the block pretty well rules out that block but these are really tough little units and really pretty forgiving even though some of the systems can be maddening.Every thing depends on the individual situation.
    If the Honda is in otherwise good shape it's a good deal but here again, why is it smoking?

3. hatch

hatch Member

image.jpg image.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures he sent me yesterday. Said they just used it around on the farm to carry diesel.

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Looking at the vehicles in the background I'd have to say that some one around there is a little hard on iron.

5. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

Okay everyone I am back. Got into a bad car accident last year and I finally getting back to overhaul the engine. It is back from the machine shop. I will get picture of what I have so far.

6. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

Started putting my motor back together and I am sourcing my hardware. I seem to be missing some. Anyone got a picture of a engine with it's valve cover off. I need to see what hardware to use. All The pictures I had taken during disassembly got lost during a hard drive crash. Now I am assemble this thing blind. I has been way to long for me to remember...

7. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

I'll try

Attached Files:

8. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

Perfect, Looks like I am missing 2 thanks Jim

9. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

Picked up the two missing fasteners today. Now I need a new thermostat housing. mine appears to be cracked. Looks like I have the long version. Anyone got a engine they are parting out with this housing on it?

Attached Files:

10. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

Getting the parts ready to reassemble

Attached Files:

11. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

12. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

I am finally at the point where I will be put the engine back into the truck. Before I do this I am replace all the fuel hoses, cleaning out the gas tank and replacing the filters. I am also clean out all the coolant lines. I had lots of sludge in the system,

Attached Files:

13. Anne Sweeney

Anne Sweeney Member

Hi I have a question. In F6A engine the manual says coolant capacity is around 4.7 Liters but when I drained em (at the drain plug) it only gave me 1 liter? Now im kind of reluctant to put any flush additives s i dont want it to be circulating the whole time through. Because IMO, draining all that 5 liters there means popping the disposable cap in the block's body I dont know that part im sorry.

14. gdw4078

gdw4078 Member

My system was complete plug with slug when I went to drain my system. Can't remember what volume I got. There are allot of lines to the radiator and heater core. I bet some of that 4.7 liters is still in those line. Pull the line of the radiator and bet you get more

Anne Sweeney likes this.